Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '09 450 Grizz. A couple problems: 1. It seems I have a front brake issue. IDK, I gotta lift it up on a block and see if it sticks a little when in neutral. There's a little bit of squeaking once in a while. Plus, the front brake lever on the left handlebar is kind of loose.

Second, and this is the main issue. I put new shocks and new tires on the rig this summer. Not super aggressive ones, just new. Also this summer, the poor bugger just would not start. Turns out it was an issue with the half-moon key for my timing chain...something like that. My mechanic buddy fixed it for me.

But now, when I ride on the gravel roads, no problem. But when I drive on the tundra and it goes in a little bit of water or has to actually work a little, it bogs down. Quite a bit! I have it in 4-wheel drive. I put it in low gear, that helped, but still, what's the deal? Why would it "bog in the bog"? I'll check the spark plug today. I guess I can clean the air filter...do I just use gas for that? idk. I'm not a mechanic by any means. Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Is the left lever for the front or rear brake system?
The bog might be from steam of the exhaust going into the intake, that and a small engine is already working hard so a small problem can cause a big difference. You might want to add c.v.t. mods to magnify the torque produced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts