11,823 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I repeat-

Dude you said that out loud!:icon_ laughup:

Dude you also said that out loud:devil:
Haha, the difference is that the handlebars hold me on, the box holds her on. Guess it's time for some loc tite :rocker:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just finished a bunch of mods. I shopped all around for bolts and other hardware that I needed. Lowes had, by far, the best selection!! Specialty stores usually want to sell you a whole box of bolts when you only need 1 or 2.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Got all the bolts I needed for $5 at bolt supply house

·
Registered
180 Posts
Blue Loctite. I've ridden to Alaska on a couple different Motorcycles. You don't want to loose bolts in some of those places. Days from any real place. I tend to keep blue Loctite around for stuff like that. It lets you remove it later but holds it tighter than without. Worked for me on 3 trips up and back.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Blue Loctite. I've ridden to Alaska on a couple different Motorcycles. You don't want to loose bolts in some of those places. Days from any real place. I tend to keep blue Loctite around for stuff like that. It lets you remove it later but holds it tighter than without. Worked for me on 3 trips up and back.
im assuming you mean the Alcan? cause if it were the cassiar you would be recommending the red locktite :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
im assuming you mean the Alcan? cause if it were the cassiar you would be recommending the red locktite :)
Ahh the Cassiar isn't that bad... Top of the world and the Dempster now those are a bit rough in spots...LOL Skid plates are a must... I have heard stuff smack it pretty hard a few times along my trips.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
yeah i was on them all about a decade ago. forget what its called, but whatever the northernmost entry into canada was... that road was pretty rough. but getting to see dawson? that town was like taking a trip to the town in high plains drifter. amazing.

my good friends mountain-biked from seward to the prudhoe bay via the dalton. if you ever get a chance, give it a watch.
Pedal to the Midnight Sun | Dudes on Media

funny cause they are now both involved in national geographic stuff, and the one films for deadliest catch. this was their break into all that nonsense. pretty amazing watching people truly make a living doing what they love.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That is Top of The World Highway... Cool road. Dawson City is a great town. Love it. Haven't got up the Dalton yet... its on the To Do list. :)

·
Premium Member
2020 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE
74 Posts
A little blue loctite will help as well...

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
What size bolts is it to hold the belt box an how long broke a couple off 2007 660
Take out to the hardware store, I think its a 6mm but check against the thread gauge. I broke many too and don't recall the exact size.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts