Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Forget about the rear drum breaks. They will never stay working for any period of time. I was lucky to get a full ride put of mine before they stopped working or needed adjustment. After screw g with mine for over a year,;I finally gave up and remove the shoes and left it.

The front brakes will not last if your a mud rider. I did find though the better, more expensive brake pads lasted the longest. I got the best service life out of OEM pads ($$$$), and EBC Severe Duty brake pads.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you thats what i wanted to know. I have tried about three different types of brakes and they have all worn out very quickly. And yes the rear brakes ive already given up on them haha.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have no trouble at all with my rear brakes, use only EBC Grooved in the rear,make sure your rubber seal is in good shape and greesed

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
On your 600 being 02 and older prob are the original rotors. I replaced the rotors on my 02 660 and the pads lasted a little bit longer. I got 6 months outta this set but I do a lot of mud riding which is why my pads run through so quick. So if you haven't, replace your rotors and see if that helps. Helped me.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Race driven performed very well on my machine

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Is that a brand or type of rotor and/or pads?
Race Driven is a brand. They produce excellent brake products for ATV's. They are available on eBay with great prices. Probably best bang for your buck.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts