Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
So how many $$$'s per mile does that work out to?
Good question.
I try not to think of that, but in my case ~ $1.00/mile at 10,000 miles not including fuel, oil, parts, insurance, maintenance, plates, permit, and etc.
Based on a typical 3-day camp/ride trip at ~100-120 miles cost is up to $120.00. Times twice a month is $240.00 per month.
$1680 year based on a 7 month season.

It's just another good reason to ride as much as possible as long as you're enjoying it (your investment).
Ride on, reduce your cost per mile!
Stop this talk right now! I don't want a list of expenditures for my Griz. Not to mention I have to triple the cost since I also have a Motorcycle and next year my first sled. Don't remind me about all the incidental things I don't think about much... Me no want to know!

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
So how many $$$'s per mile does that work out to?
Good question.
I try not to think of that, but in my case ~ $1.00/mile at 10,000 miles not including fuel, oil, parts, insurance, maintenance, plates, permit, and etc.
Based on a typical 3-day camp/ride trip at ~100-120 miles cost is up to $120.00. Times twice a month is $240.00 per month.
$1680 year based on a 7 month season.

It's just another good reason to ride as much as possible as long as you're enjoying it (your investment).
Ride on, reduce your cost per mile!
My point is a person pays $9000.00 for a machine and just rides 250 miles = 36 bucks a mile. To make the matters worse many have interest payments piled on top of that. Not sure how to consider depreciation 9000/10= $900/year??

A friend bought a commander around 14k that season he only rode a 3-400 miles said he didn't want to wear it out before the warranty ran out.(???). Sitting around the campfire tipping a few beers one night I couldn't help but badger him a bit. I said so Wayne you paid 14k and only rode 3-400 miles that's about 40 bucks a mile you paid for you enjoyment this summer. In his favor I added well you wife also rode with you so I'll calling it 20 bucks.
Then I added I paid 8k for my Griz rode 5500±miles that's about a $1.50 a mile. But Gail has her own machine so I guess I have to call it $3.00. Wayne response was Fa-Q. We are still good friends. That was in 2014 had lunch with he and his wife a in January. They have only put another 2500 miles on the machine since then.

Just cooped up cabin fever with a enhancer... Blabbering!

·
Premium Member
9,851 Posts
So....
While under lock-down these days, I sit on the back porch looking at the mountains waiting for the snow to melt. 6 beers at 1 buck apiece is more than the grizz resting in the shop.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts