Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that some of you have had the bad luck to break the limited slip assembly, me too.
But for me I one of the internal spider gears has broke and I think that is pretty uncommon.
It's the small gear at 2 o'clock in the picture.

I hope someone have a broken Pinion gear MO3.jpg complete slip gear or the spider gear left and can sell this item to me, that would be much appreciated.
As I live in Sweden and it can be some work to arrange the freight it is possible to make the shipping to a friend in Franklin,Tn and I arrange the shipping from there.
I'm in no hurry, it's 2 feet of snow here and this is my garage project during the winter.

Best regards
Roger

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,662 Posts
Well, you might get lucky and find a member with one laying around, or try contacting 501part through a p.m. here to find a used part...
Year of manufacture for your bike might help.

Reactions: oleblue22

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, you might get lucky and find a member with one laying around, or try contacting 501part through a p.m. here to find a used part...
Year of manufacture for your bike might help.
Thanks for pointing out the year model, the intention was to put it in the title, but it slipped my mind.
It's the 2012 model year, but most models from 2007 to 2017 will fit, whether it's Big Bear, Grizzly, Viking or Kodiak.
If any kind soul has a broken assembly, let me know and I can check if it fits.
I have been in contact with "501part" and it was he who advised me on this forum.
Very helpful guy, but unfortunately he is not home at present

·
Vendor
717 Posts
Thanks for pointing out the year model, the intention was to put it in the title, but it slipped my mind.
It's the 2012 model year, but most models from 2007 to 2017 will fit, whether it's Big Bear, Grizzly, Viking or Kodiak.
If any kind soul has a broken assembly, let me know and I can check if it fits.
I have been in contact with "501part" and it was he who advised me on this forum.
Very helpful guy, but unfortunately he is not home at present
Griffin,

Stephen here with 501 Parts, I spoke to you over email. I'm glad to see you found your way to the forum. This place is full of awesome folks that are willing to help and a ton of information. Welcome.

I did some more digging and I found you a complete used diff for $150. It's at PSN, I have no ties with them but they are great company, I order alot of used parts from them. Here is the link to the diff. I checked and the limited slip assemblies are in fact the same part number so they'll be a direct swap or just swap the whole diff in, up to you. $150 for a good complete diff is gonna be hard to beat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Griffin,

Stephen here with 501 Parts, I spoke to you over email. I'm glad to see you found your way to the forum. This place is full of awesome folks that are willing to help and a ton of information. Welcome.

I did some more digging and I found you a complete used diff for $150. It's at PSN, I have no ties with them but they are great company, I order alot of used parts from them. Here is the link to the diff. I checked and the limited slip assemblies are in fact the same part number so they'll be a direct swap or just swap the whole diff in, up to you. $150 for a good complete diff is gonna be hard to beat.
Very interesting
I'll check this out, it's probably the best option, just getting hold of a "limited slip part" is probably pretty far-fetched, most who have switched have probably thrown away the broken part.
I thought there was a chance that I would not have shim in a used gear that already have contact patterns, can be a challenge:unsure:

Really appreciate the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts