Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,542 Posts
What year is it? This info may help other members answer your question. Clutch mods are usually the first step on the 550's and 700's but I'm not familiar with your machine. I can tell you that there's only so much you'll be able to squeeze out of any machine. Being a 350 limits you a lot. Have you considered upgrading to a 550 or 700 Griz? You may find that may be a better option than throwing money at a smaller machine.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Like okbear said clutch mods are best bang for your buck if it's a cvt machine. A lot of people do simple bolt ons like pipe , air filter , and carb jets or programmer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 06 I bought the shims for it today to help lower end. And got a power tip on it right now and was gonna put some holes in the air box lid and maybe go up one size on the main jet. When I do get ready probably by a new 700

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
It's a 06 I bought the shims for it today to help lower end. And got a power tip on it right now and was gonna put some holes in the air box lid and maybe go up one size on the main jet. When I do get ready probably by a new 700
Do a quick google search for "Grizzly 350 carb spring mod". It won't help with actual hp, but has been proven to help with throttle response. You can cut your existing spring, hold 3 coils compressed, or buy a dynojet spring. Don't take too much though.

Shimming was a good call.

Other than that, if you crave more speed and power, your best mod is to sell it and use that to buy a 550 or 700. Skip over the 450 if you want speed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have always felt the 350-450 market is just way underpowered all over the place. The difference in a stock 700 will feel like you put in a big block. I would save your pennies and apply to a bigger better machine. I know its not the best solution for some people with finance issues, but upgrading to a 700 you will never wanna sit on another 350 450.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It does alright for what it is I traded it for a dvx 400 wich speed to speed is no comparison but for pleasure riding with me and my little girl. I like it. I can just put it drive and go no clutch no gears to worry about. It seems like it just needs a little bit more on take off and low end. Not look g to go super fast

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Shim mod is an excellent first step.

Reactions: Madkawi750

·
Registered
17 Posts
It does alright for what it is I traded it for a dvx 400 wich speed to speed is no comparison but for pleasure riding with me and my little girl. I like it. I can just put it drive and go no clutch no gears to worry about. It seems like it just needs a little bit more on take off and low end. Not look g to go super fast
The cheapest will definatley be a clutch shim mod if you are definately going to do something. I dont think you will get anything impressive beyond that for bang/buck. (exhaust/air). I shimmed my 660 grizzly and added a ton of bottom end power.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,542 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.