Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I recently bought a buyers salt/fertilizer spreader for my 2004 660. I don't have enough posts to attach a picture but, it is the 15 gallon spreader that buyers makes.
My question/concern is that when I mounted the spreader on the back it started to bend the rack, and there wasn't any material in the spreader, just the weight of the spreader was bending it. If I didn't carry salt bags on my rear racks I would just put some ratchet straps on it. Does anyone have a suggestion or fix for this issue?

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
You could reinforce the rear rack with some angle iron. Not 100%on how it mounts but if it's like the others I have seen guys mount an aluminum plate on the rear rack and rivit it in then mount on top that

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
by the looks of it, those things are cantilevered off of the back quite a bit. you are going to have to seriously reinforce the rack with some sort of plate, and you might still have issues. it would probably be better if you had some sort of support tied into the frame near the hitch area that supported the spreader as far to the rear as possible...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts