Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new user here. I'm planning on ordering a 2020 Kodiak EPS in the next month, but I'd like to know if there are any "must-have" accessories that I should add to my order. I'm thinking of just getting the green EPS model (here in Canada), the quad will be used for minor work around my acreage, also for hunting, hauling aluminum boat into back-country lakes, and trail riding in our area. FYI I'm heavy (currently 270lbs), but I'm not a crazy rider, nor do I ride with a crazy group. I'm the guy that will idle down and find a clean way around a mud-hole rather than destroy a trail by spinning my tires.

I know I need a winch (thinking Warn VRX-35-S, any thoughts on that?), but are there any other "must-have accessories I should know about? Don't think I'll need skid plates, and stock tires will be fine for my use. Comes with the hitch receiver already, I just need to buy a hitch/ball, right? Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom!
-Cam

·
Grizzled
3,424 Posts
I would be getting the Yamaha seat heater that is specifically made for the seat on model years 2016+. Then aftermarket, get grip/thumb heaters, maybe GPS/mount, rifle/bow mount, air filter cleaner/oil.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be getting the Yamaha seat heater that is specifically made for the seat on model years 2016+. Then aftermarket, get grip/thumb heaters, maybe GPS/mount, rifle/bow mount, air filter cleaner/oil.
Thanks for the reply, the heated seat does sound like a good idea! For the grip/thumb heaters... I'm not super keen on installing electrical accessories myself, as my workmanship is often not up to my own standards... does the Yamaha product for this not work great, or just not as good value as aftermarket?

I don't own a GPS yet, but that will likely be in the future... so I'll have to wait until I own so I can mount for specific model, but good thinking also... was just talking about importance of GPS with a buddy yesterday, I will be using this in Northern Manitoba at times

·
Grizzled
3,424 Posts
Yamaha Acc. advertises grip/thumb warmers but they are at full MSRP pricing for the Heat Demon brand which only has high/low heat setting, I believe. And that is on the US site, not sure about CA. Just buy those aftermarket and buy the multi level heat control version with thumb warmer and lock-on grips, don't buy the glue-ons. Same install for either and it's really easy to do. I find it really nice to have the grip/thumb warmers if it starts raining, not just for snow.

The Yamaha seat cover is specific to Yamaha seats 16+, so only available through Yamaha or Yamaha authorized locations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yamaha Acc. advertises grip/thumb warmers but they are at full MSRP pricing for the Heat Demon brand which only has high/low heat setting, I believe. And that is on the US site, not sure about CA. Just buy those aftermarket and buy the multi level heat control version with thumb warmer and lock-on grips, don't buy the glue-ons. Same install for either and it's really easy to do. I find it really nice to have the grip/thumb warmers if it starts raining, not just for snow.

The Yamaha seat cover is specific to Yamaha seats 16+, so only available through Yamaha or Yamaha authorized locations.
Ok Red Rocket, thanks again for the info. Question RE the grips warmers, why do I want lock-on vs adhesive?

·
Premium Member
9,480 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
The glue/epoxy breaks down and they grip will twist in your hand, and get a 5 position switch set. Also grip mitts are good to keep the wind out of the cuff of your coat, search both here:
I ride at -20f and my hands stay warm, also in the summer riding in rain warm hands are great.

·
Grizzled
3,424 Posts
Yes, exactly. Man, that is expensive up in CA. That Heat Demon kit is a lot cheaper down here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, exactly. Man, that is expensive up in CA. That Heat Demon kit is a lot cheaper down here.
I compared Amazon.com to Amazon.ca, and you're right. Looks like even with currency conversion it would be about $20 CAD less landed at my door to order off Amazon.com... I think for the most part we are used to paying more for good and services, even factoring in exchange. Just not as big/competitive of a market, and distribution/transportation costs much higher here... OTOH, we get paid much more in some careers (law enforcement for example), so there are ways it evens out to an extent. oops - self thread hijack...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not everything is cheaper in the US, like always, ya gotta shop around. I just bought an amp for my truck on amazon, on the American one, after shipping, duty and exchange. It was $106 CDN cheaper than buying off amazon Canada. Yet, the rear bumper for my kodiak was cheaper right here at Royal Distributing than anywhere online from US or Europe. Saved $88 buying here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts