Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I gotta 05 660. I did a search on this couldn't find what I was looking for. Anybody done a bypass on the reverse brake interlock?? My problem is the bike wont do into reverse or park, it goes in H and L just fine. Took left brake handle off and pushed that pin in tried it but no go. Took the shifter rod off the trans and trans will go into every gear, but shifter will not into reverse. I had a bad battery, and there was some funny things goin on with the display, put in new battery, thats when this problem started. I read the thread on the shifter play and adjustment, but my shifter is tight, I'm thinking its more of a switch thing?? Thanks

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
The reverse lockout cable goes to foot brake. There is several different ways to bypass it.
You can remove the cable completely from the shifter box using a 12mm wrench.
You can remove the cable from it's lever at the foot brake at zip tie it tight (cable pulled).
You can adjust it put all the way. I found this option would not work on my 660.

Just Google it to find all details. There is hundreds of posts about it on several forums and websites.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts