Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So..Instead of trying to plan a 3 or 4 day, overnight expensive ride, how about this. I know at least four of us on GC are Mainers. @MaineGrizzly660, [MENTION=15058]@OpDawg, @Bperley, and @mainehunter. Seems to me we could figure out a day ride somewhere that is roughly central to everyone to keep the trailering distance fair. What I find frustrating to planning a ride here is that there is seems to be no standards, no continuity. There are a zillion clubs, some have websites, a lot don't. some have club trail maps, a lot don't, some have email, a lot don't, you see where I am going with this? I would really like to pick a region that we could do a fun, all day loop. This could entail a bunch of phone calls, mailing checks for maps, on and on. Do any of you guys have a good idea? This is one of the reasons I was trying to plan the ride in June in the Downeast area. That group of clubs have done an awesome job, they have a really good map showing all the trails in Hancock and Washington counties. You really can plan a tour and be pretty sure of what you are doing. Do you guys know of any other areas like that? I think it would be a lot of fun to meet the GC members. Help!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am going to mail a few of the western Maine clubs for trail maps. I would like to do a western Maine ride, it's a 4 +hour trip for me to Rangeley. It will be an overnight for me. I have friends and family in the Norridgewock/Madison area to stay with. Depending on how the spring/summer goes, I might just be exploring more over here in Eastern Maine. Most of the trails do not open until mid-May at the earliest, depending on snow, rain, mud, etc. Don't count on the trails being open before Memorial Day. The trails over in western Maine usually don't open until at least June 1st. They get a LOT of snow over there.
I can do most any weekend in June, the 2nd half of July, any weekend in August or September. If any of you Mainers can pick a Saturday, great. If I don't hear from anyone when the time gets closer, I'll just post where and when I am going, if anyone wants to join, fine.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Border Riders Sportsman Club, Jackman, Maine. Check their website, click on ATV NEWS, see the logo in the upper left hand corner of the map. All of us Grizzly geeks should like it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts