Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost done my 780 hi comp 11:1 stroker. i just port and polished the head and need to install cam. the donor motor i bought came with a stage 2 hot cam(so he said)..... i don't se any marking on the cam or numbers unless they are behind the decompression mechanism which i don't want to take apart un less i half to.. this bike is strictly a mud bike i don't care how fast it goes on the road. i read that the stage 2 hot cam is mid to high range. should i just keep it or should i go with the mud buster cam??? i have a pcv with auto tune as well. what you guys think, thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Umm with stage 2 mud-buster only thing that should definitely also be done is using raptor valve springs.
the grizzly ones had a tendency to float a bit at high rpm's. this was on a 660 motor maybe that changed on the 550/700's you would have to check into it.

In the past i heard people getting better torque curves from webcam's I never bothered changing mine out because it may or may not be all that different or noticeable over a stage 2 mudbuster from hotcam's perhaps on a dyno but who knows how much noticeable power.

·
Registered
797 Posts
CONTACT ERIC AT EHS RACING FOR A CAM RECOMENDATION.HES DONE LOTS OF TESTING AND CAN HELP YOU OUT TO GET ANOTHER CAM OR LEAVE THE SO CALLED MUDBUSTER 2 IN.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts