Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know what many of you may be thinking, Why not ask this on a Can am forum. I was hoping to get an unbiased opinion from non fanboys. So I am thinking about buying A XMR in the spring. I have narrowed it down to either the 850 or 1000 Outlander XMR. They are both limited to 65 MPH so top speed is a tie. That being said the 1000 will get you to 65 a bit quicker. The 1000 weighs 25 pounds more than the 850 which again is close enough for me to call it a tie. All addons are the same on each bike. Where the difference is is in the length. The 850 is 6 inches longer than a Grizzly. The 1000 is a foot longer than a grizzly. I ride bush at least 50% of the time. The Power or the 1000 and the possibility to add a factory 1 up seat intrigues me but the turning radius and having the extra 6 inches of frame to get hung up sort of worries me. The 850 with it's shorter wheel base and slight weight advantage makes me wonder which of the 2 bikes is for me. I was wondering what your thoughts would be given the info I have. P.S. I am keeping my Grizzly.

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
Those models are not popular in this area for the reasons you listed above, mostly those riding them are tourist bringing their stuff out for a short visit.
I would investigate which is the easiest to sell, holding the best valve used, in your area.
I would bet as you ride bush 1/2 the time you need more torque than h.p. so I bet the 1000 will be your choice riding slower speeds.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Now I know what many of you may be thinking, Why not ask this on a Can am forum. I was hoping to get an unbiased opinion from non fanboys. So I am thinking about buying A XMR in the spring. I have narrowed it down to either the 850 or 1000 Outlander XMR. They are both limited to 65 MPH so top speed is a tie. That being said the 1000 will get you to 65 a bit quicker. The 1000 weighs 25 pounds more than the 850 which again is close enough for me to call it a tie. All addons are the same on each bike. Where the difference is is in the length. The 850 is 6 inches longer than a Grizzly. The 1000 is a foot longer than a grizzly. I ride bush at least 50% of the time. The Power or the 1000 and the possibility to add a factory 1 up seat intrigues me but the turning radius and having the extra 6 inches of frame to get hung up sort of worries me. The 850 with it's shorter wheel base and slight weight advantage makes me wonder which of the 2 bikes is for me. I was wondering what your thoughts would be given the info I have. P.S. I am keeping my Grizzly.
While I love power... The 850 is still high. I wonder if there is a reliability difference between the 2?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would say got with the 850 say the few extra dollars. That 6 inch longer frame I’ve seen be the reason people get stuck. Yes it is nice you can ride an extra person, but for me if I wanna ride someone with me I bring out the RZR. You won’t be disappointed with the 850 promise you that. Not much difference with hp. Save that extra money and buy something kick ass, or a bottle of Jack!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts