Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some clicking on both rear axles and discovered that both rear inner CV joints were leaking grease. When I removed the boots I was surprised to find that the grease was about the consistency of warm maple syrup, which is much thinner than I believe it should be. When I took the joint apart it was apparent they were in pretty bad shape, the inner joints just fell apart and bearings went rolling. In all the videos I've watched the bearings stayed inside the cage without coming apart. I repacked the joints with new grease and now they click and pop worse than they did before I took them apart.

Needless to say after all that work, I'm going with a new axle. What I'm struggling with is finding a rear axle. The ONLY rear axles I can find are the XT axles from Sixity. They don't even have the higher end XTA rear axles. Cannot find a Rhino or Gorilla rear axle (not that I would pay $400 for a Gorilla anyway).

Front axles seem to be abundant, but rears hard to come by. Any other brands that you would recommend? I'm trying to avoid the Ebay no-name axles.

EDIT: Just found another company, East Lake Axles. They are exactly the same price as the Sixity XT axles. So I guess now the question is, which one to choose?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
What machine are you riding?

Reactions: reogem and okbear

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Agree with dmit on the RMATV axles or you can check ebay for 100's of listings. You may try the attached axles from partsdiscounter. Have heard really good reviews on the partsdiscounter axles: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Grizzly-700-Rear-Left-Or-Right-CV-Axle-Drive-Shaft-Assembly-2007-2013/332060885219?_trkparms=aid=555017&algo=PL.CASSINI&ao=1&asc=20160706105314&meid=d2ef899b8fa74e9d8077debd29dadbfc&pid=100643&rk=1&rkt=1&&itm=332060885219&_trksid=p2045573.c100643.m3226. Look up STI Slasher axles. There should be many options for finding this part.
Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Logged in for my husband - we've also been checking everywhere for left rear axle (we have a 2014 Grizzly 700 EPS). I'm either finding only FRONT axles or I'm finding rear axles through year 2013.

We were trying to find Rhino but I can't find them anywhere. Moved onto what was suggested above, but still can't find them. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Logged in for my husband - we've also been checking everywhere for left rear axle (we have a 2014 Grizzly 700 EPS). I'm either finding only FRONT axles or I'm finding rear axles through year 2013.

We were trying to find Rhino but I can't find them anywhere. Moved onto what was suggested above, but still can't find them. Any recommendations?
Slasher Axles for Yamaha Grizzly 700 ATV - Pure Offroad, They list them for rear on the 2014 700 4x4, $136.00 ea.

Yamaha Grizzly STI Axles, same axle as above but for $124.00 each

1 - 8 of 8 Posts