Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting here.. have some questions about my "new" grizzly 600..

So recently I bought a 2000 grizzly 600. It was leaking fuel quite badly out of the carb and it the throttle was sticking due to rust in throttle butterfly. So I decided just to replace the carb all together along with the spark plug, air filter, oil and filter. And yes these were all amazon parts..
Now that I can run the bike long enough without gas pouring everywhere, noticed a few weird issues.
For one: the bike seems to run best when the mixture screw is all the way seated.. if I back the screw out, it idles slower and start to bog down.
And 2: regardless of how perfect I get the idle with the mixture screw, after about 10 minutes of driving, it's like a switch is flipped and it starts idling terrible, bogging down and stalling out when I give it gas. Can't even make it up a slight incline.. I understand that amazon carbs are mot the most reliabl, but I find it strange how it can run so perfect for 10 minute and then completely change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Amazon carb is most likely culprit. Check for air leaks on the intake boots. Take the OEM carb completely apart and get it soaking. I’m having similar issues with my 660. Is the 600 similar is it a CV style carb?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazon carb is most likely culprit. Check for air leaks on the intake boots. Take the OEM carb completely apart and get it soaking. I’m having similar issues with my 660. Is the 600 similar is it a CV style carb?
Yes it is a CV style. Also the new carb had slightly bigger intake inlet holes. I had to heat the boots up with a heat gun to get them on. I will check for air leaks tonight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes it is a CV style. Also the new carb had slightly bigger intake inlet holes. I had to heat the boots up with a heat gun to get them on. I will check for air leaks tonight.
My opinion these cv carbs are trash. I’m looking into swapping in something better. Like a mikuni flat slide. Reading a lot of guys with Rhinos running them but not much on grizzly’s. My intake boot was old and cracked I thought for sure it was the problem. Mine would backfire and blow the carb right out the boot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts