Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and Need Help, I rebuilt carb on Kodiak 400 and it bogs down when you start to give half to full throttle. Can someone help with what I did wrong.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
What Kodiak 400 do you have? There had been 3 different models.

What running issues were you having before the carb rebuild?
Is it acting different now than before the rebuild?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Idle rough, like it was running out of fuel. now its like it is doing the oppisite. Idles good and getting it throttle it spits and spudders.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Did you have the carb cleaned and blown out or just replaced parts?
Did you put the idle air screw back to the original position?
Are the Jets you replaced the same size as stock?

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Try it without the air filter installed and see if it gets worse or better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carb cleaned and blown out. I used jets that came in the kit, looked to be the same. The air idle screw ! is that the one on bottom of carb ?

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Yup. Thats the one. The more turns out you turn it from seated position, the more fuel it gets at idle to approximately 5% throttle.
2.5 to 3.5 turns out is pretty common and is a good starting point if you do not know what it was set at before. Since you got a filter installed, I would start at about 3 turns out.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
When you remove the filter, if it get worse then this usually means you need larger jets. Though I do not think jet sizes are your issue right now. But I could be wrong.

Have you replaced the spark plug? If not, replace it before you do anything else. Just too rule it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts