Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. First timer here. My 1998 grizzly 600 has a wack of hoses coming from the carb and breather and they were not attached. I am wondering where they have to be attached! I have tried some ways that seemed to make sense but she still bogs out and gives some bad sounds.I also here some hissing sounds and am wondering where they were coming from. I'm hoping that i could find someone who knows the problems or if i can a video site.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's where I would start if you brought it to me, you cam look at airbox diagram too if there are some unaccounted for. But usually there is fuel supply, bowl drain, atmospheric vent, and diaphram vaccum

·
Premium Member
10,670 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Look for cracks in the carb mount for the air leak - hissing sound.
That will make run run like bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The carb is a brand new one i ordered from ebay but did not come with a diagram. The hoses to carb seem straight forward but some seem to be going nowhere. When I bought the bike there were hoses that weren't connected at all. I am not sure if they even belong to the thing but for $200 I could'nt pass it up. Would you happen to know how many hoses there are between for both the carb and the breather together? Thank's

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey people. I've checked the carb and everything was fine. I then decided to try a gravity flow with hose directly to carb and it worked fine! Should I order new one? Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is where a maintenance manual would be your friend. You bought a 200 dollar 4 wheeler, go ahead and get a book. It will steer you straight.

Reactions: Barry62

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
carb.

Thanks for the help and a new petcock valve is on the way. When i took the tank out of the equation it worked fine so i believe that may be the problem. Probably corroded after sitting for a while. See what happens then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts