Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2002 grizzly 660 that had fuel leaking and a bad run away problem. Pulled the carb and disassembled. Float pin was seized and had a diaphragm tear. Never had throttle issues until rebuild was completed and reinstalled. Carburetor idles great. However, just touching the throttle stalls the engine. There is no sputtering, coughing, burping. It just dies with the slightest touch of the throttle. Tried adjusting it multiple times with no success. Finally pulled the carb to be sure assembly was correct. Everyone's good. So before I reinstall does anyone have suggestions or have experienced the same ?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Another thing to check is that the tip of the mixture screw has not broken off in carb body or mixture screw o-ring is in correct position/not broken.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already had pulled the carb back off. Disassembled, reassembled. Everything looked good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had already checked all of the rebuild parts when I pulled the carb to verify rebuild was assembled correctly. Could it possibly have anything to do with the throttle assembly on the handle bars. It seems that I can adjust the idle speed from the adjustment screw/cable which in turn moves throttle body cam. However, the throttle cable from the handle bars does moves the same components but to a greater capacity.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
If it ran okay before you disassembled it (minus the leaking carb which you fixed) and it wont run now tells me that the assembly isn't correct. All the jets should be the same, needle clip hasn't changed. Check floats. check fuel bowl level, and make sure that the slide is facing in the proper position. Double check diaphragm for holes and make sure all O-rings were installed.
Take off air filter and look into back of intake (may need mirror) and open and close throttle to make sure it's moving to the open and closed position. You can do that without having the engine running. Keep us updated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts