Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have 2009 yamaha grizzly 550fi eps and well the rod split and blew throught the front of my crankcase and i am looking to do a rebuild rather than buy a new engine and i am having trouble find the cases that are rediculously priced cheapest i found so far was 800 for just the cases new i havent had any luck finding used cases any where anyone have any info on where i could find them a little cheaper

·
Premium Member
3,103 Posts
Check out nflow, he's a forum sponsor .

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Are not the 550 and 700 cases the same?

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Are not the 550 and 700 cases the same?
Yeah that's what I thought as well.

Compare the part number of 700 cases to 550 cases.

·
Registered
201 Posts
same case different stroke if i remember correctly (550-700)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
same case different stroke if i remember correctly (550-700)
Correction. Same stroke, but different bores. 92 vs 102mm.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So i have 2009 yamaha grizzly 550fi eps and well the rod split and blew throught the front of my crankcase and i am looking to do a rebuild rather than buy a new engine and i am having trouble find the cases that are rediculously priced cheapest i found so far was 800 for just the cases new i havent had any luck finding used cases any where anyone have any info on where i could find them a little cheaper
SORRY I DIDN'T READ THE ORIGINAL POST WELL ENOUGH.... you are looking for used...

If its the case side that has the serial number on it. I believe you have to contact the manufacture to get it. That is what I had to do for my sons 1994 CR500 when we completely rebuilt his bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found a set of used cases for about 375 for a 700 i am probably gonna pick up but i am looking at around 1300 just to rebuild the bottom end i was looking for a complete bottom end but its gonna be a gamble with that too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts