Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for some help locating the center to center measurements of my front and rear shocks. Machine is a 2016 Grizzly 700 LE. Thanks!:happy:

·
Registered
269 Posts
You could jack up the quad by the frame(not a-arms), that will allow the shocks to fully extend & measure the eye to eye distance, most shocks stay within whole numbers, but depending on what your doing you might need the fully compressed figures also, I've often thought that there has to be a better/cheaper internal shock out there as the spring rate is what I want but the dampening could be better & the Elka 3's are $2200.00 Aus, maybe a cross reference against some of the other quads?

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could jack up the quad by the frame(not a-arms), that will allow the shocks to fully extend & measure the eye to eye distance, most shocks stay within whole numbers, but depending on what your doing you might need the fully compressed figures also, I've often thought that there has to be a better/cheaper internal shock out there as the spring rate is what I want but the dampening could be better & the Elka 3's are $2200.00 Aus, maybe a cross reference against some of the other quads?

I have rebuildable gas shocks from a snowmobile that look like they might fit. I can have them rebuilt and recharged to meet the specs. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I replaced the front stock shocks on a Grizzly 450 with snowmobile adjustable gas shocks. They were Fox Podiums off a Polaris found them on Ebay for $80.00.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts