Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

My name is Phil, I work for VerticalScope.com, the same group that runs ATV .com. VerticalScope recently acquired grizzlycentral.com and will be taking over the management duties of the forum. Your familiar moderator and admin team will be the same people helping with the day to day forum management. We will primarily manage the technical functions of the site and support the mod team. Maintaining continuity as well as the spirit of the site is important to us. This means that little about the site will change for you the user while we continue to grow the community.

Over the next few days you will notice me on the site and as well as members of our support team. While we get to know the landscape of the forum and how things work will will be on hand to answer questions and get to know the unique needs of this community.

I will be working closely with the Admin/Mod team on ways we can help improve the order of things here and raise the level of your experience on grizzlycentral.com.

If you have questions please let me know, I will do my best to answer you all as quickly and thoroughly as I can.

-Philip

·
Premium Member
9,489 Posts
Hello Phil.
You haven't been on very much in the last 6 years, what do you ride?
Is there going to be a 'Picture of the Month Contest' like there was a couple years ago?
How about expanding that with a 'Video of the Month Contest'.
You should consider a 'Sponsor of the Week' thread, keeping us informed on Who does What.
A lot of G.C. members get together for group rides. Is G.C. management looking to start joining in the ride(s)?
If you go to UserCP, you can add your location and set build a signature to let us know more about you.

What else can make G.C. a better site. Its already the best.

·
Administrator
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this account was sort of inherited so its more or less new to me.
The Photo of the month we can certainly resurrect.
Video of the month sounds cool, will need to sort out the logistics.
Sponsor of the week, will look into this as well. Realistically it might help to encourage them to post on the site more.
As far as rides, I am in Toronto, Canada. Getting to Colorado will prove to be a long ride.

-Philip

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
Hi Phil, how about a list of the current Admin/Mod team so we have a reference to use if we need them.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Polls would be great to have back. Maybe sponsors could offer small gift certificates or something for photo of the year.

Alot of people ask about the gc stickers too it seems.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
my concern isnt with what can be done to make the site better, but what might be changed to make the site worse.

as for-profit companies buy out forums they become more about the money than the community. this site was already owned by a company, but as they change hands, policies change..

a big concern for me is what used to exist on this forum, but was wisely changed. you used to be unable to post links to anything anywhere remotely close to what a site sponsor sold. aka, if a sponsor sold rigid led lights, posting links to a completely different brand and product on amazon, would get blocked.

·
Premium Member
7,525 Posts
Hey..Phil..Welcome to GC from Wisconsin.

I just had a look a the group of Mod's, Administrators and Super Mods.
Interesting.
Why would you make the site sponsors the mods? Appears to be the makings of conflicting interest.

My 2.0162¢

·
Administrator
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Polls would be great to have back. Maybe sponsors could offer small gift certificates or diverging for photo of the year.
Alot of people ask about the gc stickers too it seems.
GC stickers I am pretty sure can be done in short order.

my concern isnt with what can be done to make the site better, but what might be changed to make the site worse.
as for-profit companies buy out forums they become more about the money than the community. this site was already owned by a company, but as they change hands, policies change..
a big concern for me is what used to exist on this forum, but was wisely changed. you used to be unable to post links to anything anywhere remotely close to what a site sponsor sold. aka, if a sponsor sold rigid led lights, posting links to a completely different brand and product on amazon, would get blocked.
I try my best to maintain the status duo for sites and not mess too much with the original ebb and flow of things. We have to look at this a few ways. Vendors pay to be here and in part help bring legitimacy to the site as well as support for the brand and the products. Posting links to a product you found that will be helpful to other members is great. Posting this product in a thread dedicated to another manufacturer to say this junk made over seas is so much cheaper you should buy it here. This over all can just hurt the reputation of the forum. There is also the few sneaky individuals who will try to pass on playing by the rules and will post links to items they have for sale commercially then complain that it should be free for them to make money off the site.

Hey..Phil..Welcome to GC from Wisconsin.

I just had a look a the group of Mod's, Administrators and Super Mods.
Interesting.
Why would you make the site sponsors the mods? Appears to be the makings of conflicting interest.

My 2.0162¢
This is not exactly as it seems. None of these accounts have moderator privileges other than for the sections they sponsor that have their name branded on there. This allows vendors to control what threads are open, closed, sticky and visible in their section only. They do not have the power or permission to enforce any banning or control over your accounts. The software lists them this way, its a vBulletin thing not something I can easily control. These would have been set up this way before I arrived.

-Philip

·
Administrator
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you not able to post polls anywhere or do you mean general polls like contests or poll of the week for general interest?
-Philip

·
Grizzled
3,432 Posts
Will there be any changes in regards to the premium member accounts versus non-premium member accounts?

Can the non-premium member accounts get PM storage increases, better posting privileges, etc., to make this site more in line with other forums out there?

Also would be nice to have a 2-3 minute timer on editing a post before the post represents it has been edited.

·
Administrator
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will there be any changes in regards to the premium member accounts versus non-premium member accounts?

Can the non-premium member accounts get PM storage increases, better posting privileges, etc., to make this site more in line with other forums out there?

Also would be nice to have a 2-3 minute timer on editing a post before the post represents it has been edited.
Added to my list to sort out. I want to collect a few things so I can work on it all at once. Means I spend less time breaking things temporarily to fix them.
-Philip

·
Premium Member
9,489 Posts
Well this account was sort of inherited so its more or less new to me.
The Photo of the month we can certainly resurrect.
Video of the month sounds cool, will need to sort out the logistics.
Sponsor of the week, will look into this as well. Realistically it might help to encourage them to post on the site more.
As far as rides, I am in Toronto, Canada. Getting to Colorado will prove to be a long ride.

-Philip
The reason I mentioned admin thread about sponsor is in my history. I linked a sponsor and got scolded by management. No big deal as it was reversed but I was suggesting ownership get to know the players that make this site work. Plus the sponsor can respond to your questions and not have to play both sides of the coin.
I wasn't asking for you to come here specifically, but others have traveled further to ride this area. It was to generate ownership interest in meeting G.C. members. Meet at H.M. if that works better.
Our Discount tire sponsor gets involved in ride organization for example, and travels to events. It has to do with G.C. ownership's desire to be known and you did say you wanted to grow membership.

·
Administrator
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The reason I mentioned admin thread about sponsor is in my history. I linked a sponsor and got scolded by management. No big deal as it was reversed but I was suggesting ownership get to know the players that make this site work. Plus the sponsor can respond to your questions and not have to play both sides of the coin.
I wasn't asking for you to come here specifically, but others have traveled further to ride this area. It was to generate ownership interest in meeting G.C. members. Meet at H.M. if that works better.
Our Discount tire sponsor gets involved in ride organization for example, and travels to events. It has to do with G.C. ownership's desire to be known and you did say you wanted to grow membership.
I am still the new guy here so hopefully we can have a fresh start. Before I can get any commitment to supporting or attending rides I need to first get over the first big hump of getting everything cut over to our network and get us properly helping with running the site. I will work on getting more info on involvement with with events and see what we can be involved in. What involvement did ForumFoundry have with rides in the past?
-Philip

·
Premium Member
5,676 Posts
Phil, Welcome to Grizzly Central.

I wish all parties, former and new, the best on the transition. And just want to thank Gearslayer for his creation, the forum foundry for the years of support, and Vertical' for the future continued survival of Grizzly Central.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Hey Phil, welcome to GC. Please remember one simple thing my father told me when I was young "if it isn't broken, it doesn't need fixing" GC is the best Forum I have ever belonged to hands down and would hate to see it in the shitter...

·
Site Founder
4,960 Posts
Welcome Phil!

I am considering putting organizing some rides this coming year. Hatfield McCoy, Brimstone, Busco Beach, NY, NH, PA, and Moab are on the list. Colorado and Montana wouldn't be bad also.

I would build the list around my 2016 itinerary. That's another thread though.

·
Premium Member
9,489 Posts
Hey Phil, welcome to GC. Please remember one simple thing my father told me when I was young "if it isn't broken, it doesn't need fixing" GC is the best Forum I have ever belonged to hands down and would hate to see it in the shitter...
:icon_ laughup:
:rofl:
Its not like others haven't tried to put it there.....

·
Administrator
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No plans to put anything in the shitter. I want to hear your ideas for making things better here for you all. I will be working closely with GEARSLAYER on making sure we keep things top shelf.
-Philip

1 - 20 of 45 Posts