Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is the viper 3500lb winch so much cheaper on ebay than it is off the motoalliance site? Im getting a new winch and trying to find cheap, but RELIABLE, winches.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
167 Posts
cheap+reliable=non-existent

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think they've upgraded some of their winches and are now having a "sale" on their older versions. I had a recent link to the sale page on the motoalliance site but can't find it now.

Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i know that but on their site its more expensive than ebay even with the "old" classic ones.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SOoooooo NOT true! I've got a 3500 lbs & 2500 lbs Runva and they have so far out lived a few Warns. Not had one issue with either except a sticky free spool lever. Just needed cleaning after a long time of non use.
Ya ill have to check that out. thanks

·
DJ
5,636 Posts
why is the viper 3500lb winch so much cheaper on ebay than it is off the motoalliance site? Im getting a new winch and trying to find cheap, but RELIABLE, winches.

Thanks for the help
:deal:If you call Motoalliance and tell them you are a GC member they give a 10% discount. Lots of people using the Viper winches with good results.:getrdone:

·
Registered
207 Posts
The classic model doesn't come with some of the new features (winch saver, wired remote...) . If you call them they will assist you with buying just you want. Look for the upgraded spool - they did something at the edge so the ropes wont pinch.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I have a venom 3500 and had it for 3 years pulling trees, utility sxs, burried in mud. My buddies have warn 2500 and its always my venom 3500 pulling the weight. Best 189 I've spent

M

·
0 Posts
I agree that you should look at the Vipers. I have owned 3 of them and still have one of the quads and they have never let me down! I would have put one on my 700 if it didn't already have a Warn on it when I bought the bike. This is my 3rd Warn winch as well and the previous 2 crapped out on me. If this Warn goes out it will be replaced with a Viper.

·
Registered
183 Posts
what about superwinch, i work on the marine base here where i live and this is the only brand they use and put them on everything, i was wondering how good they were cause basspro has them for 89 bucks right now for a 2000lbs

T

·
0 Posts
I have a KFI 3000 and just sent it in for warranty repair. No questions asked. Probably needed to keep it cleaner. Broke the free spool side lever with a hammer cause it was stuck. Still like the winch. It saved out asses at 2011 mud nats when everyone was braking there winches and synthetic rope.

T

·
0 Posts
UPDATE. KFI came back and said they wouldn't warranty my winch cause it had been submerged! Really who hasn't submerged their winch at one point or another. NO KFI for me again... I'll use a comealong first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts