Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Cheapest/ Best dealer to buy Elka Stage 3

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  GrizzlyXTR 
#1 ·
I think im ready to spend the $$$. Looking for the cheapest and best place to buy a set of Elkas Stage 3 shocks. I know there's gonna be a 8 - 12 week wait. Figure I'd get them coming before they go up again or shutdown for quarantine or something. They went up $100 2 mo ago.

Any Elka vendors/dealers on here?

P.S. - I will not tell my wife what they cost! 🤐

#3 ·
I think im ready to spend the $$$. Looking for the cheapest and best place to buy a set of Elkas Stage 3 shocks. I know there's gonna be a 8 - 12 week wait. Figure I'd get them coming before they go up again or shutdown for quarantine or something. They went up $100 2 mo ago.

Any Elka vendors/dealers on here?

P.S. - I will not tell my wife what they cost! 🤐
You won t regret it! Stock grizzly shocks are sub par in my opinion

#8 ·
Finally got my stage 3 elkas ordered. Got them from racingpowersports.com for $1349.00 free shipping, no sales tax and a 10% coupon code BF2021. They also have them listed on eBay with a 5% black Friday deal but gotta pay tax too!

Expecting delivery December 20th
Everywhere I called and looked said 3-4 months on delivery with no delivery date.

This is the very best deal I've found in about 3 months of looking. Just recently I was quoted $1,600+ and plus tax from Monster performance in N.Y.

#9 ·
Very doubtful you will have your shocks in December. Elka had a 12 to 16 week lead time right now. Unless a supplier had an unspoken for set of a generic setup set kicking around in stock, but that would be a waste of money as the whole idea is a set customized specifically for the buyer.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Once you get them on. It will take a little time to dial them in. Yours might or might not be set up close. Both myself & Vincent had a fair amount of adjusting to do to get them set up the way we liked them. We ended up very close on clicker settings and ride heights in the end. We have similar riding style's and both of us are using squared up tires as well.

#16 ·
What I did when setting up my shocks was to measure from the inner A-arm bolt to the floor on a level surface. I kept track of that dimension and I called it the ride height. I also kept track of the spring height (Spring Preload) measuring from the where the threads ends on the shock body at the top of the shock to the nearest edge of the lock collar. Then kept track of the shock clicker settings turned in from full soft.

The spring preload or height will vary depending on the poundage of springs you have and the ride height may very as well. Vincent and I both have the same front springs but different rear springs, but our ride height is very close to each other.

Front Ride Height from inner A-arm bolt to ground on mine is 14-1/2"
Rear Ride Height from inner A-arm bolt to ground on mine is 12-5/16"
Front clicker's are turned in 3 clicks from full soft
Rear clickers are turned in 3 clicks from full soft
Spring Preload Front 2-1/4"
Spring Preload Rear 13/16" (Note. I have stiffer rear springs than Vincent has as I weigh more)

(Note) The spring height and ride height is without me on it. I did climb on it and bounced it a few times to settle the suspension before taking measurements.

I adjust my clicker setting on a daily basis depending where I am riding and trail conditions. Tight, slow, rough trails or fast two track's. I have had the clickers turned out all the way soft and in the same day had them turned in 7 clicks to keep it from bottoming on fast whooped out sections.

The more you turn the clickers in to prevent bottoming the harsher it will ride in the slow stuff. I pretty much set my suspension up as soft as I could without bottoming 90% of the time with the clickers around 3-4 clicks in. Then if the trails are smooth I soften the clickers. If it gets rough and whooped out I dial the clickers in till it stops bottoming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.