Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 660...choke only works at about 1/4 way open...after that its like its not on at all. And even at 1/4 open its still not working very well....cable is in good shape, i took the cable loose from the carb and the spring and all is working order...just dont know what else i need to be looking for

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
A choke isn't a real choke on a mikuni. It just draws some extra fuel. If you touch the throttle while choking it then the choke immediatly quits working so you can't do both at the same time. Seeing how you've already inspected the cable and plunger you need to disassemble the the carb completly and use spray carb cleaner and compressed air to clean it all out. If you have to use a choke to start these yamahas it means that the carb is dirty or not tuned correctly and your valves are out of spec. These bikes are not coldnatured, I never need the choke, it fires up immediatly even below zero because the carb is clean and tuned and the valves are in spec.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Don't forget to add a new inline gas filter.

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
Me l can't get mine to work sometimes it will work. Can someone give me some tips
Welcome from Colorado.
I suggest a new thread for your problem, and suggest you add a signature to your account listing your machine. Some bikes don't like an inline fuel filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts