Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my wife and kids decided I needed a new trailer to haul the Grizzly and Kodiak around so they ended up buying me this for my Christmas present. I have to say I was shocked and very, very well pleased. My youngest boy told me this one was $700. more than the steel one and it actually weighed more than the steel one they were looking at. Then they hit me up for the additional $700. which I was happy to pay considering this will never rust.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Looks awsome chum!

Reactions: Zrt1200

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Nice, is it aluminum or galvanized steel?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 XTR, Coop45 sheave, Epi Gold spring,Ehs programmer and air lid w/ K&N, 27" zillas
172 Posts
That's really nice! What size 6x14? What that run you price wise ? I got a new Reiser steel 7x14 with rear gate and side load front for $1920 + tax and reg. I couldn't find a properly priced aluminum because of the covid supply and demands.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Light Outdoor bench Wood Font Line

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This one is a 7 X 14. Its actually 6'10" X 14'1" inside. It was $2995 + Tax. The steel ones in my area was $2295 + Tax. For $700 more it was a no brainer to get the all aluminium one. That and the all Aluminium weighed more than the steel ones. That tells you how cheap the steel ones in my area are made. I do like that your trailer is made for side loading as well. I may modify ours so I can side load on one side. This way I could take 3 ATV's on the trailer at one time.

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 XTR, Coop45 sheave, Epi Gold spring,Ehs programmer and air lid w/ K&N, 27" zillas
172 Posts
Yes, Thats a no Brainer. I found one and it was 7x14 and was $4500 because it was the only one around here. Mine is built better than most and has a dexter axel along with bigger c channel and angle iron. I drove 2.5-3 hrs to pick it up. I had a local Reiser dealer but wanted $600 more for same exact trailer. Gas was cheap then too. Painted with 2 coats automotive paint. We all know prep and how clean the metal is is key to paint work.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They could have gotten a heavier steel trailer like what you have but they wanted $3899 for the heavier steel trailers and that was just crazy IMO. I agree prep is the key to paint work.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Aluminium
Nice, I have a few buddies that have them, nice and light to pull, one of my buddies had to get his welded, he found a few stress cracks in a few spots after about a year, nothing major, no problems sense, just keep a eye out.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Nice, I have a few buddies that have them, nice and light to pull, one of my buddies had to get his welded, he found a few stress cracks in a few spots after about a year, nothing major, no problems sense, just keep a eye out.
Thanks for the tip. I already knew about aluminium trailers & welds. This one makes # 3. For me it's a once a year deal to look them over good and check ever welds. So far my other two aluminium trailers have been problem & crack free in the last 5 years.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
That's only an issue on the cheaper built aluminum trailers that use light ga metal. The one like ZRT1200 has is one of the really well built ones, thick ga aluminum which is why they are actually heavier than a steel trailer.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
That's only an issue on the cheaper built aluminum trailers that use light ga metal. The one like ZRT1200 has is one of the really well built ones, thick ga aluminum which is why they are actually heavier than a steel trailer.

Yes maybe so, ZRT1200 trailer looks well built and rugged.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yes maybe so, ZRT1200 trailer looks well built and rugged.
Yeah i discovered the two types of aluminum builds a couple years ago when looking for a trailer. Made it hard to do comparison shopping at first. Then one off the local trailer dealers here in my town told me he only stocks the cheaper light weight ones in small sizes, but can order me a hd aluminum if i wanted.
Then went online and started looking again, and realized some prices that were 500 more for same size trailer was actually a really good deal. Lol

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yeah i discovered the two types of aluminum builds a couple years ago when looking for a trailer. Made it hard to do comparison shopping at first. Then one off the local trailer dealers here in my town told me he only stocks the cheaper light weight ones in small sizes, but can order me a hd aluminum if i wanted.
Then went online and started looking again, and realized some prices that were 500 more for same size trailer was actually a really good deal. Lol

I agree with your statement. Cheap does not mean it's a good deal. You have to actually look at them and ask questions if you want a good trailer. The weight of a trailer and check to make sure its welded 360* around the frame will tell you a lot about the trailer.

One thing that is pretty neat on this trailer is the tailgate will actually fold forward onto the deck so when you are towning it empty you do not have the big air brake dragging you down. This photo was from where the wife & kids got it from.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts