Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So have this clunking noise when No turn right and the rear wheel unloads weight onlybtjen not going straight or turn ing left. Friend said maybe cv in the axle is going is there a rebuild kit or is it not something to fix and cheaper go buy axle

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Probably about 200 for a complete axle (last I looked into it). There’s some threads here on the subject. It’s probably cheaper to rebuild the joint but it’s kind of a messy pain in the azzz.

·
Registered
937 Posts
You can buy a whole new half shaft from partsdiscounter on ebay for about $50 and it comes with a new axle nut. I just replaced both my rears last Fall as I was having the same symptoms as you. I don't have enough miles on it to give a long term review but so far so good. I've been on a couple of trail rides and been plowing snow all Winter with it. Only trouble I've had was I tore a boot on the first ride (bad luck) and haven't been able to find a replacement that fits so far. I bought another axle to get up and running and I'll have a spare after I get the boot replaced.

Edit:
There are lots of axles on ebay right now. The ones I bought were Niche brand for $57 each and those guys seem to have a good reputation for replacement parts. I contacted them about the torn boot asking for info on a replacement source and they don't sell them and didn't have a suggestion on where to buy. I tried OEM and All Ballz (merely out of desperation) and no luck.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had a similar problem with a clunk noise. Only come from one side I checked everything swapped sides with my axles the noise stayed the same. It ended up being worn out sway bar bushings and links chattering

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wondering bout that I grabbed the sway bar and it slides side to side ? Is it supposed to do that. I I disconnect it that would tell me if it's those correct? where did you get your replacements at

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a similar problem with a clunk noise. Only come from one side I checked everything swapped sides with my axles the noise stayed the same. It ended up being worn out sway bar bushings and links chattering
Where did you get that stuff at ? Link if you have one

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
I was wondering bout that I grabbed the sway bar and it slides side to side ? Is it supposed to do that. I I disconnect it that would tell me if it's those correct? where did you get your replacements at

Not saying that is where your clunk noise is coming from but when I got my new 2016, every time I would step on the running board or bounce on the set I would hear a clunk noise, I investigated and found it was the sway bar sliding from one side to the other slapping Against the bushings, and yes it is normal, but i hated the clunk so I Disconnected it and slid two or three rubber o rings between the bushing and the sway bar stops on both sides and that took up most the play and dampened the clunk! My bushings were fine but if you need new ones here’s a link.

Parts:https://www.partspitstop.com/

·
Registered
380 Posts
I just took everything off turned the shocks up one notch and haven't looked back.

Same same, sway bar delete! Just watch those hard reverse turns. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hammerhead

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered an axle thanks for all the info . What torque spec should the axle but be at ?

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
I'm assuming you are asking about the axle nut which is 190ft/lbs and stake the nut. You'll more than likely need an impact to remove the existing nuts after bending out where it was staked. Axle nut is 27mm. Ask me how I know,, HA.:surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm assuming you are asking about the axle nut which is 190ft/lbs and stake the nut. You'll more than likely need an impact to remove the existing nuts after bending out where it was staked. Axle nut is 27mm. Ask me how I know,, HA.:surprise:
Yes that's what I was asking tu I do need to get that socket

1 - 12 of 12 Posts