Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2014 grizzly 700 bought and had clutch issues slipping . replaced wet clutch and belt . Ran for 2 runs maybe 50 km . Then same issues happened . So I replaced the wet clutch , seal weights and new secondary clutch, New belt. Ran for 3 runs no hard mudding just easy runs . Maybe 100 km and then the same issues is happening. Any one have any idea ?
** This is a list of all the parts installed in a 6 month period I putv 3 primary sheaves ,primary clutch sheave assembly,complete wet clutch,cam,and a belt. ***

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,049 Posts
You do not mention what clutch issues you are having, only that there are issues. Also, the parts you replaced (wet clutch, belt, secondary, weights) --> OEM or aftermarket?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You do not mention what clutch issues you are having, only that there are issues. Also, the parts you replaced (wet clutch, belt, secondary, weights) --> OEM or aftermarket?
Niche clutch and every thing after market mostly from Amazon . Slipping issues now what sounds like chain slipping on sprocket .

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
Most here use O.E.M. c.v.t. parts, after market parts are a hit or miss deal.
I would inspect the drive shift splines because of the sound you mentioned. If the splines are good I would next look at the one way bearing.

·
Premium Member
8,795 Posts
Could be the Chinese part.
Also service the secondary maybe sticking open.

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
388 Posts
All new parts . Maybe I'll buy OEM . Can't see that big of a difference all parts are made in China .
Your not totally incorrect, however, not all Chinese factories have the same QC practices.. leading to vastly different qualities.

The chain slipping on sprocket sound could be something to do with the splines on the clutches. Disassemble and inspect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your not totally incorrect, however, not all Chinese factories have the same QC practices.. leading to vastly different qualities.

The chain slipping on sprocket sound could be something to do with the splines on the clutches. Disassemble and inspect.
So mechanic took it apart . The chrome plated on the clutch came off . Niche is refunding me the money. I'm ordering a clutch from Yamaha on monday. Do you have any better website for OEM ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts