Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help! Ok complete new top end, crankshaft, oem wet clutch assembly, one way bearing, jackshaft bearing. One way bearing is installed correct with (this side out) facing the wet clutch jackshaft free spins clockwise will not spin counterclockwise support bracket is in place for clutch when I started the machine. I've tried everything even making sure idle wasn't to high still has a knock at idle and slams into gear. Belt seems to tight to me and it does have highlighter clutch upgrade and belt

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Your belt is supposed to be tight. It's a constant belt tension cvt system, that utilizes a centrifugal wet clutch for the initial engagement

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, what could possibly be causing this issue I've looked at the service manual when reinstalled clutch

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Every time I've had an issue with it jumping into gear was a high idle issue......maybe if there is problem with the wet clutch not disengaging could cause this. I know some of those clutch kits come with things you don't really need..... was the problem there before the "kit" was installed?

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
You got the oneway bearing installed backwards. The clutches should rotate counterclockwise freely, and lockup rotating clockwise, turning the engine over.
Think about how the engine brake works. The clutches rotate clockwise to transfer rotational torque to the tires. When you left off the throttle, with the bike rolling, the bike then rotates or pushes on the engine.....the clutches still rotate clockwise when doing this.

·
Premium Member
9,063 Posts
Please help! Ok complete new top end, crankshaft, oem wet clutch assembly, one way bearing, jackshaft bearing. One way bearing is installed correct with (this side out) facing the wet clutch jackshaft free spins clockwise will not spin counterclockwise support bracket is in place for clutch when I started the machine. I've tried everything even making sure idle wasn't to high still has a knock at idle and slams into gear. Belt seems to tight to me and it does have highlighter clutch upgrade and belt
#1 The primary pulley should spin freely counter-clockwise
if the one way is in correctly, and the primary turns at idle, the idle is too high.
Watch around 10:15 to see the primary turn by hand;

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Hey Bwilliams...Welcome to GC from Wisconsin..
X2 one backwards.... Here is the proper placement of the oneway on the wet clutch. What year is your Griz? starting in 2013 the one is install in the clutch house because of a new seal/retainer that has been added.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks you're right I went back and read the manual again and I did install it backwards. Just got in a hurry and tired I've been around and around with this grizzly I built this from top to bottom. I knew it had to be something simple. I appreciate you guys input...thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts