Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been searching around for a few days now new to 4 wheelers just bought 2018 grizzly new and having a hard time finding info on these bikes and having a hard time finding after market parts for them and been trying different clutch combos to increase low end but keep top end quite similar. Been trying to find the weight for stock clutch weights because i just put 8 14.7 gram weight didnt make huge difference because i put 28's on couldnt find stock weight setup so i decided to buy myself a scale because ill be experamenting on this until i find a setup i like but stock weights for 2018 are 15.5 thought some people would like to know my finding before spending money on clutch kits. Any opinion will be looked at thanks!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Ive been searching around for a few days now new to 4 wheelers just bought 2018 grizzly new and having a hard time finding info on these bikes and having a hard time finding after market parts for them and been trying different clutch combos to increase low end but keep top end quite similar. Been trying to find the weight for stock clutch weights because i just put 8 14.7 gram weight didnt make huge difference because i put 28's on couldnt find stock weight setup so i decided to buy myself a scale because ill be experamenting on this until i find a setup i like but stock weights for 2018 are 15.5 thought some people would like to know my finding before spending money on clutch kits. Any opinion will be looked at thanks!

If you want maximum low and torque and no top speed loss, simply send and email to Arnie Cooper (Coop45) for his sheave machining services.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Hum...your weight for the weights is different than what others posted, so I'll keep an eye on the happening in this thread out of curiosity.
The engineering theory for the 2018 grizzly C.V.T. is the same as for the older bikes. Changing the weight of the weights will do nothing to help your low end performance from a standing start, but as you experiment, you will learn to understand why.
What was your roll-out and starting ratio? This can help others help you if you need help later.
X-2 on the recommendation for COOP45.
I suggest learning why raising the ratio is best for enhancing low end pull, there are 100's of thread here on G.C. about low end performance increases from raising the ratio.

·
Registered
365 Posts
@ jmanfitz1 As far as I know anything 2016-17 will work for the 18. There are so many threads about what your trying to figure out on your own, do a search and save your self some time and money on what your wanting to do. X3 on the coop45 mod, I did the 1.5 mm shim mod. But no way compared to coops mod, well worth the money for the LOW end Torque and keeping your top end speed, it is amazing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@RDC
What exactly does the mod consist of ive been looking around on modifications and upgrades to theses bike for more low end torque and overall horsepower and hvent yet heard of this modification where is a good thread or forum to find some info on these bikes.
Any information at all is greatly apreciated!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
@RDC
What exactly does the mod consist of ive been looking around on modifications and upgrades to theses bike for more low end torque and overall horsepower and hvent yet heard of this modification where is a good thread or forum to find some info on these bikes.
Any information at all is greatly apreciated!!
Search CVT mods. You are on the best forum. Coops does a machining process that gives you more low end by allowing the belt to sit lower and sheave giving you a lower ratio. The bike has not even been out for a year so there is not gobs of info around but '16&'17 will be the same.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Reactions: Hammerhead
1 - 7 of 7 Posts