Premium Member
2007 grizz 660 camo 2019 honda passport 2001 breeze 125
3,406 Posts
How did it let u down?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had code 12 pop up on my 2018 700 today, when I try to start it, it just clicks, I put my solenoid in my dads 2009 550 and it starts fine. I know code 12 means crankshaft positioning sensor, but more than likely most of the time it’s not that. So anybody know what else I can try to see what the problem is, I really don’t want to spend $179.99 on a crankshaft positioning sensor.

·
Premium Member
2007 grizz 660 camo 2019 honda passport 2001 breeze 125
3,406 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have read and watched the video. I have figured out it is not the solenoid I guess it must be the crankshaft positioning sensor. 😩

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had code 12 pop up on my 2018 700 today, when I try to start it, it just clicks, I put my solenoid in my dads 2009 550 and it starts fine. I know code 12 means crankshaft positioning sensor, but more than likely most of the time it’s not that. So anybody know what else I can try to see what the problem is, I really don’t want to spend $179.99 on a crankshaft positioning sensor.
I have figured out is not the solenoid it must be the crankshaft position sensor. 😩

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
You back it into bushes? I scraped my wire bare running bushes in the back of the motor, not sure if this is the same wire, been awhile, if yes on the bushes or brush or sticks, look for a bare spot on the wire behind the motor, around the wire loop holder

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts
I have read and watched the video. I have figured out it is not the solenoid I guess it must be the crankshaft positioning sensor. 😩
Check all the connections associated with the CPS.
FYI repeated cranking of the engine without starting will throw the 12 code. Meaning it could be something else like.., no spark, ignition electrical supply, no fuel condition.

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts
@Bryson_cutchen it is best to have only one post about the issue.
Just clicking is not a CPS problem it is a solenoid issue. If not the relay itself, a dirty or loose wire connection. Bad starter, weak battery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts