Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I would really like to add some comfort to my Grizzly and not dump $1,300USD on Elka's. Don't even say you weren't going to post that... Anyway I seem to have found that some nice grips, fat bars, and (not really a comfort thing but close enough) raised foot pegs seem to be top comfort mods. I feel the general consensus on here for grips is ODI rogue lock on grips. My question is, are they really worth $20? All other grips seem to run $8-$12. I really don't know how they could add that much comfort. How about highlifter gel grips? Does anyone run those? Then the fat bars, do they really help that much? I have a 660 so no EPS and steering it gets a little hard in thick mud or rocks. Is there a foam I could put in to help with the fatigue? Any comfort tips (besides a smart butt comment on Elka's) not going to name names but @it400.... Oops that slipped, is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
You already did a major comfort upgrade with the new tires. Some of the really cushioned gel type grips can help dampen vibration in your hands, there are a zillion of those and are on my list of "things to do". One of the guys added a layer of memory foam to his seat when he recovered it and listed that in his "Top 5" mods. I have a small hole in my seat cover, so when I re-cover that I am going to do the same thing. My windshield made a HUGE difference in my comfort. When we get zooming along at 40 or 50 mph, keeping the wind off your body is great, and it also really helps direct the air up over my head, which in turn greatly reduces the dust in the face when the conditions are dry.

Reactions: Grizzcrazy

·
Registered
327 Posts
Heat Demon Grip and thumb warmers....get the Duel Zone ones.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heat Demon Grip and thumb warmers....get the Duel Zone ones.
Unfortunately Heat Demons are one of those that I would have ride a rig with them and love them to dump the cash on them. I did consider some tusk heated grips but I am just not sure how well heated grips work. I have also heard they are not that comfortable. I am really not sure. I am going to put some spray foam insulation in my stock bars to help with the cold. The Tusk grips might be something I can justify just because they are $45 and not $120. I will have to see how many people post up heated grips.

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Comfort for that long day in the saddle!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
My heat demon heated grips are the best thing ever for comfort.
I owned the cheaper ones. Tusk actually.. they did not heat up as well. Left me with cold hands on the really cold days. No risk of that with heat demons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
73 Posts
Unfortunately Heat Demons are one of those that I would have ride a rig with them and love them to dump the cash on them. I did consider some tusk heated grips but I am just not sure how well heated grips work. I have also heard they are not that comfortable. I am really not sure. I am going to put some spray foam insulation in my stock bars to help with the cold. The Tusk grips might be something I can justify just because they are $45 and not $120. I will have to see how many people post up heated grips.

Worth every PENNY!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
The ODI Rogue lock on grips are are very comfortable and they are made from a sticky type of rubber material. Well worth the money and a great upgrade from the factory grips. Also very easy to install. @BDSNJ has always been a big advocator of these and if I remember correctly he converted them over to heated grips.

If you ever need to discuss other comfort items you know how to find me :)

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ODI Rogue lock on grips are are very comfortable and they are made from a sticky type of rubber material. Well worth the money and a great upgrade from the factory grips. Also very easy to install. @BDSNJ has always been a big advocator of these and if I remember correctly he converted them over to heated grips.

If you ever need to discuss other comfort items you know how to find me :)
Thanks @it400. I guess I can take off the ODIs easily that way. I am just to cheap. LOL. Does heat demon make the heat pads that go under the grips? I really like the string we have going here.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Yes the ODI grips are worth every penny but the if it's cold when you ride the heated grips are the way to go. You could also try playing around with your shock settings to fit the terrain you ride most on.

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes the ODI grips are worth every penny but the if it's cold when you ride the heated grips are the way to go. You could also try playing around with your shock settings to fit the terrain you ride most on.
I do need to adjust them a little but I have been playing with them already. I do ride in the cold but I have really warm gloves and just ride until I am cold.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
A quality soft cooler! Yup, brings me comfort! (well actually, what's in it does!) :rofl:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Heat demons are awsome! Combine with a good windshield adds HUGE comfort! In my case I've often driven in some very cold temperatures so those luxuries are a must.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Heat Demon Lock-On grips... couldn't live without em in the Winter.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Heat Demons are a great addition to the Grizzly and not only for cold weather. They work great also when the spring or fall rain comes on also. I didn't know what I was missing until I added them and I'm on my second pair now..and I'll order a third pair when these wear out. Once you get them, you can order the grips separate and use your plug and go wiring to be new again. I can't say my hands are sensitive enough to notice comfort when I have gloves on ripping down a trail, although the warm grips do give me comfort.
Raingear, decent googles, a wolf snout dust mask, muck boots, a wide kidney belt....all comfort but more for the rider than the Grizzly. Heat demons are the best accessory you can put on your Grizzly for comfort.
Ride safe.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow. Here I was thinking it was going to be bars and risers overwhelming this thread. How much do you guys get paid to endorse Heat Demon? Lol. Thanks guys. I guess I will have to really think about these. Thank you for helping me spend money. Lol. What else could I expect from the best?

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
Heat Demons are a great addition to the Grizzly and not only for cold weather. They work great also when the spring or fall rain comes on also.

I was going to mention this also. The Heat Demons are great in the winter and I originally thought that maybe I would remove them and runs something else during the summer. How wrong I was. Having those available when at high altitude in the summer and it decides to piss on you all day, those grips are VERY welcome to have on your Grizz year round. I can't tell you how many times I have them turned on outside of winter.

Per the less sweep handlebars... keep in mind that there is definitely more leverage you will get with that style of bar but my opinion is you will also get more pronounced feedback when your front tires kick from rocks, etc. Mine does have EPS but without EPS, which I have not ridden, seems the feedback may be even more pronounced... just guessing but seems reasonable to assume.

Reactions: Grizzcrazy

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was going to mention this also. The Heat Demons are great in the winter and I originally thought that maybe I would remove them and runs something else during the summer. How wrong I was. Having those available when at high altitude in the summer and it decides to piss on you all day, those grips are VERY welcome to have on your Grizz year round. I can't tell you how many times I have them turned on outside of winter.

Per the less sweep handlebars... keep in mind that there is definitely more leverage you will get with that style of bar but my opinion is you will also get more pronounced feedback when your front tires kick from rocks, etc. Mine does have EPS but without EPS, which I have not ridden, seems the feedback may be even more pronounced... just guessing but seems reasonable to assume.
I was worried that it would be like that. I will just keep the stock bars. I was going to save up $100 for bars and a riser anyway. I will start off going with rogues and maybe go to a heated conversion come winter again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts