Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today after riding for a little bit I noticed coolant was leaking from the bottom of the motor and making a small puddle in the bed of my truck. I took off the skids and noticed it was leaking out of a vent line coming off the motor. Here are a couple of pics...

And here is where the vent line is connected to the motor...

Anyone have this happen before? No water in oil and no oil in water... the bike ran great today too.... It was probably close to 90 degrees today so it was a little hot outside...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yep! That's exact ally it! Happened to a friend of mine not to big of a deal.never changed his antifreeze ,might of had something to do with it or many not but he fixed it himself. Antifreeze gets acidic after a while!

G

·
0 Posts
That's a weep line to let you know the mechanical seal is bad. Easy fix.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Get a new seal and gaskit and you will be good to go

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet, thanks for the replies. I found a video of a guy doing this repair on Youtube and it was pretty in depth with all the parts you need. Ordering parts soon to fix this. Thanks again!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got all the parts ordered today. Ended up being about $89 for everything. I ended up buying all the parts listed in the video I found (7 parts instead of just the 2 seals) for peace of mind and if I am already tearing it down, why not do a couple more things to make it better.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sweet, thanks for the replies. I found a video of a guy doing this repair on Youtube and it was pretty in depth with all the parts you need. Ordering parts soon to fix this. Thanks again!

I'm having this same issue, can you please post the link to the video your talking about? Would like to order all the parts needed to fix this issue. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,376 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks alot ridgeway (y)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts