Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently sold my Kodiak 700 because I was offered a good price for it. I removed my Coop sheave (Mod#3) before it left thinking I may use it again some day, but decided to sell it now instead. I bought it this summer from Arnie and it only has 80 miles on it. I also have a set of the Yamaha 18gr Grizzly weights I will sell with it or separately (bought these about the same time). If your interested shoot me a PM so we can work out the details.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Very interested in the sheave..

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Reactions: colvin

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I just recently sold my Kodiak 700 because I was offered a good price for it. I removed my Coop sheave (Mod#3) before it left thinking I may use it again some day, but decided to sell it now instead. I bought it this summer from Arnie and it only has 80 miles on it. I also have a set of the Yamaha 18gr Grizzly weights I will sell with it or separately (bought these about the same time). If your interested shoot me a PM so we can work out the details.
Wow, I'm surprised to hear this!!!

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, I'm surprised to hear this!!!
Yah it was a very hard decision. But the money was very tempting and will go along way towards paying off the new Viking. I will be watching for another Kodiak or Grizzly, miss it already. The Viking is much better suited for the farm Chores and family Stuff.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Yah it was a very hard decision. But the money was very tempting and will go along way towards paying off the new Viking. I will be watching for another Kodiak or Grizzly, miss it already. The Viking is much better suited for the farm Chores and family Stuff.
That would certainly be a hard decision. Congrats on the new Viking! Hope she serves you and family well.

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI- sold

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
That was quick... but gotta agree with Vincent that it is one of the best mods to be had for a Grizzly/Kodiak. Good luck with the Viking and stick around, like you said that hopefully you will be on a Grizzly/Kodiak again in the near future.

Reactions: KodiakAfishyo

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with tires being first mod but in my opinion the JBS shive much better choice as I’ve had both, just my opinion as I felt like chiming in this Friday morning 😎

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I agree with tires being first mod but in my opinion the JBS shive much better choice as I’ve had both, just my opinion as I felt like chiming in this Friday morning 😎
Interesting you say that, and ofcourse appreciate your input.

I've never own a JBS products, but what I've noticed on this site is his sheaves seem to be hit or me affair. Either owners ( like yourself) are very happy with the product, and other aren't so happy and question what they gained for their investment.

I've read 3 members say they spent 400 -500$ on JBS kits and report that that jumping back and forth between their buddies machines with 50$ shim / spring and they couldn't tell the difference. I've read many others express regrets or unsurtenty on wether or not their JBS sheaves were worth the cost.....

That's Somthing I had not read about Coop's machined sheave, Nor have I ever read anything but good things from owners who run his sheaves..

When I was considering buying a machined sheave at the time Coop's cost me 320$ Canadian, JBS would have been over 700$ shipped to my house in Ontario. Because of what I had read on this forum and the rediculious cost comparison I stayed clear of JBS.

I've now racked up over 5000 miles on my Coop sheave and am still happy, though if I had the opportunity to try JBS hot rod sheave ( without the insane cost) I would gladly give it a go. I'd love to form my own experience / opinion on what JBS has to offer. Heck maybe, I be reporting the same great results as you....who knows

·
Registered
17 Posts
Took me a while to decide what to go with after reading all the reviews on here, I decided JBS but didn’t cost nowhere near what you were quote, after riding it for about a year I decided to give Coops a try. I was totally impressed with the JBS but again after reading more reviews I just had to try Coop’s, after all I’ll take all the power I can get. So long story short I bought and installed coop’s and put maybe 2 hours on machine than switched back to JBS. I know have a Coops shive sitting in corner of garage with a bunch of other shit I shouldn’t have bought threw the year. To each their own !!!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Took me a while to decide what to go with after reading all the reviews on here, I decided JBS but didn’t cost nowhere near what you were quote, after riding it for about a year I decided to give Coops a try. I was totally impressed with the JBS but again after reading more reviews I just had to try Coop’s, after all I’ll take all the power I can get. So long story short I bought and installed coop’s and put maybe 2 hours on machine than switched back to JBS. I know have a Coops shive sitting in corner of garage with a bunch of other shit I shouldn’t have bought threw the year. To each their own !!!
Mite as well sell it... Heck this is the right thread for it!

·
Registered
937 Posts
@Johnny Petron - I might be interested. Send me a private message with how much you want for it.

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Coop has different sheave mods...which one do you have?

·
Registered
179 Posts
So give us a run down on what you liked about jbs and disliked about coops.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts