Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone cracked the frame on a 700 grid? I have a cracked frame rail on my 2009 700. The crack is located behind the right side rear foot well mount. The frame is completely (all the way around) cracked with about 1/16" to 1/8" gap.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone cracked the frame on a 700 grid? I have a cracked frame rail on my 2009 700. The crack is located behind the right side rear foot well mount. The frame is completely (all the way around) cracked with about 1/8" to 1/4" gap.

Here are 2 pics

·
Super Moderator
1,734 Posts
Yes.. Both sides on my 08.... Used a small piece of channel and welded along side it for more support and also added 1inch sq tubing from frame upright to bottom frame like a gusset for additional support... I will see if i can round up my pics or ill go take new ones if i cant find them...Also check your rear upright frame tubes above the hitch area....

·
Super Moderator
1,734 Posts
Stronger than ever now.... Also other parts of frame welded back together multiple times...

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Those cracks on the 2016 should be replaced by the manufacturer. Clearly shows signs it was a flaw. Is that bushing on the bottom right supposed to be that loose? Would appear to be a major contributor to the cracking, by the polish on it. Seems to be hitting hard in the direction it takes to make that crack? Even looks like the rubber is flared out like it got slammed hard. Don't know, mines an 08. Its tight there, not sloppy looking like that one. Maybe they are just different.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Those cracks on the 2016 should be replaced by the manufacturer. Clearly shows signs it was a flaw. Is that bushing on the bottom right supposed to be that loose? Would appear to be a major contributor to the cracking, by the polish on it. Seems to be hitting hard in the direction it takes to make that crack? Even looks like the rubber is flared out like it got slammed hard. Don't know, mines an 08. Its tight there, not sloppy looking like that one. Maybe they are just different.
You need to understand that 2016 Grizzly did alot of jumps in its 4500miles of hard riden life , including a smashed rear control. The cracks don't represent a flaw from the manufacturer, but proof that this was more of a flying bear!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ya I could tell by that polish and slop in the bushing it had some abuse. Must be nice to have all that time to ride. I'm jealous. A 16 with 4500miles. Mines an 08, with 1600 km on it. lol

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Ya I could tell by that polish and slop in the bushing it had some abuse. Must be nice to have all that time to ride. I'm jealous. A 16 with 4500miles. Mines an 08, with 1600 km on it. lol
That bushing is just the anti-roll bar (sway bar) bushing. It is not showing abuse. It is showing normal wear. After 4500 miles, yours will look just like it too.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
That bushing is just the anti-roll bar (sway bar) bushing. It is not showing abuse. It is showing normal wear. After 4500 miles, yours will look just like it too.
Does look like the rubber is missing though. Time to just remove the anti-sway bar! :icon_ goofy:

·
Registered
437 Posts
You need to understand that 2016 Grizzly did alot of jumps in its 4500miles of hard riden life , including a smashed rear control. The cracks don't represent a flaw from the manufacturer, but proof that this was more of a flying bear!

Every jump results in skipping the skid plate across the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts