Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go ahead and order a REAR BUMPER BRUSHGUARD for a 2009 YAMAHA GRIZZLY 700 EPS FI 4 x 4 from SUPERATV (A GRIZZLYCENTRAL SPONSOR), last week on the 4th I placed the order over the internet. I confirmed the order over the phone to make sure the order was correct and that the transaction went through aswell as confirming they would send me the correct bumper, I also sent an E-Mail to them as well to confirm all the same information. I recieved an Email back stating they are sending me out the correct bumper and they received the payment. NOTE: Thats 2 confirmations from a rep on the phone and on the internet. TODAY 02/09/09 I received the WRONG bumper in the mail from them. They sent me a bumper for a brute force. I really have to say Im quite angry and disappointed in this company. Not only did I confirm with them over the phone, I also confirmed through E-Mail. Id understand the mess up if I had a huge order of several parts, but I only ordered 1 PART! I immediately called up to settle this and the bumper is going back in the mail tomorrow and allegedly the new one is being shipped out today. Im just really disappointed on their part for this error especially because I had a trip with the family this coming up weekend all plannneeddd out and I wanted to have this rear bumper installed and ready to go for the trip. If SUPERATV gets this bumper to me by wednesday and im able to install it before my trip, Ill continue doing business with them, if not then they def have lost me as a customer. Just something for all you fellow grizzly members to consider if you ever use them for parts. I know this site talks them up so well, but not everything is as it seems.

·
Registered
170 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wuggzwest @ February 9, 2009, 1:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I decided to go ahead and order a REAR BUMPER BRUSHGUARD for a 2009 YAMAHA GRIZZLY 700 EPS FI 4 x 4 from SUPERATV (A GRIZZLYCENTRAL SPONSOR), last week on the 4th I placed the order over the internet. I confirmed the order over the phone to make sure the order was correct and that the transaction went through aswell as confirming they would send me the correct bumper, I also sent an E-Mail to them as well to confirm all the same information. I recieved an Email back stating they are sending me out the correct bumper and they received the payment. NOTE: Thats 2 confirmations from a rep on the phone and on the internet. TODAY 02/09/09 I received the WRONG bumper in the mail from them. They sent me a bumper for a brute force. I really have to say Im quite angry and disappointed in this company. Not only did I confirm with them over the phone, I also confirmed through E-Mail. Id understand the mess up if I had a huge order of several parts, but I only ordered 1 PART! I immediately called up to settle this and the bumper is going back in the mail tomorrow and allegedly the new one is being shipped out today. Im just really disappointed on their part for this error especially because I had a trip with the family this coming up weekend all plannneeddd out and I wanted to have this rear bumper installed and ready to go for the trip. If SUPERATV gets this bumper to me by wednesday and im able to install it before my trip, Ill continue doing business with them, if not then they def have lost me as a customer. Just something for all you fellow grizzly members to consider if you ever use them for parts. I know this site talks them up so well, but not everything is as it seems.[/b]

Just wondering why you would order the bumper online, then call them to confirm the correct part, followed up with another email to confirm the part again? Why so many steps at the bigging of an order? Have you had issues with them in the past? Sounds to me like they made a mistake and by them sending you out the correct bumper today, they are taking care of your issue as they should. I completely understand when you have an expectation of a company not being met when you go through all this effort, but mistakes do happen and from what you have stated in your letter, they are addressing the issue in a timely manor. The only bonus I would ask is if they could over-night it to you for your troubles. As long as there are people involved, mistakes do happen, and it is alway worse when it happens to you, but I would have given them a chance to correct it before I started spreading a bad word about them? I guess that is just me. I have had my share of issues, but most of the time the company comes through, when they made the mistake. I recently bought a "Moose" front bumper, and they sent the wrong size bolts in the package to install the front bumper. I send them an Email, asking why their instructions tell you what size bolt should be in the package, yet they send them too short anyway. I have yet to hear anything from "Moose" as to an answer or an appoligy, so to me, this shows poor customer service. If they would have responded to my question, I would have never said anything. I know it was not a huge deal to go out and buy the correct part, but one should not have too, when they are spending money and would assume the parts would be correct from the factory and if not, the company takes responsability to get it resolved.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Oh man, not cool. I'm just waiting for my bumper to come from them, any day now. I hope I don't have the same experience. Been almost a week. Been stuck in customs for a couple of days. Hope they fix you up right away and you get it in time before your trip. Good luck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Super ATV, messed up my order for my first rear bumper, they sent me a front one instead, 48 hours later they had the correct one delivered and the incorrect one picked up.

They seem to act quickly on remedying their mistakes. Can't fault a company with that.

·
Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By all means If they correct the problem and it arrives immediately then GREAT! but if not thats not cool. I posted this strictly for other members to have some feedback from other's who have made orders with them. No harm intended just open information, I know id like to know these things if available if I was considering ordering a part from a specific company, but by all means if the part arrives tomorrow or wed, the site moderator can delete the post. ALSO the only reason I called and e-mailed the company to confirm was Iv had bad experiences in the past with other companies in regards to receiving wrong parts, so I figured confirming was a good idea.. Clearly that doesn't work either.

·
Site Founder
4,961 Posts
Sometimes companies ship a wrong part. It's what they do to remedy the situation that counts in these cases. I am sure they will do their best to accommodate you. As you posted, they are already addressing your situation. I believe this is how business should be done.

This thread is not a review so it was moved here so that Super ATV may notice it. Also, why rant when they are moving to fix your situation? If it comes in time and you are happy, then this thread will be nothing other than a "They fixed their mistake" thread. The title will reflect it too. The title has been changed now as this is not a must read.

·
Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it shows up today, I'll be happy. It should also be understood by a company when they are at fault to remedy the problem immediately. As far as im concerned just cause a part is sent out immediately doesnt remedy the problem, its just recognized. Over nighting the part immediately is another story. We'll see if it arrives today.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I dunno... I can see where he's coming from. He specifically went thru the trouble of double checking verbally with them. Seems to me if I call you to make sure you send me the right part and you agree to, then it's on your integrity to do so. To not do so, basically tells me you just blew smoke up my a$$ on the phone.

I know this isn't one of them... but sometimes things need to be correct the first time and when you go thru the trouble to try to cover all loose ends on your side to make sure it's done right the first time, and it's not... you're in the right to get pissed.

·
Registered
868 Posts
<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">I am not saying that no one should do business with them, but I personally expect better.

·
Registered
484 Posts
While I see everyone's point (wish) about multiple follow-ups should have made athe order go through properly...

I am in sales. I see what happens. You call me, fax me, email me, or even send smoke signals... I take your order and ship it. You can call 10 minutes later and it is out of my hands. You can call 20 more times tomorrow, and all ANYONE in my office can tell you is, "Yes, we received your order, yes, that is the part that was ordered, and Yes, your order has shipped".

If the order that shipped was incorrect, NO ONE will know until you receive your package.

That's the breaks. I know I strive to be 100% in what I do, and I'm sure the ATV vendors feel the same way. I guess salespeople can take orders and let them sit around a couple days and have them quadruple checked to make sure they are right before shipping... but, then everyone would complain about lengthy shipping times....

Hope you are pleased with their attempt to rectify your situation.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Being a business owner I am aware that mistakes can take place. However, as this seems to be a recurring mistake that costs money to make right, I would think if I were running this company I would look into the reason why it happens in the first place. Either inventory control and identification is lacking or parts people/shippers need better training and/or oversight. Nothing is failsafe, but there are more efficient, less costlier ways of doing business. (I would think that overnighting a bumper could get very expensive) Just my two cents.

Hang in there and give them the opportunity to make things right!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I understand your frustration..however I don't see the dire need in overnighting an accessory. A tie rod or vital part to the operation of the machine makes since to me. If your going riding this weekend and you wanted to have the bumper installed you could do it in 10 minutes-- prior to loading your grizzly.

I also think that overnighting 25lbs is going to be well over the cost of the bumper alone.

I'm not defending superatv..just giving my opinion.

If you got the wrong part Monday and recieved the correct part even on Wednesday.2 days later- that is still a great correction IMHO.

Hopefully it arrives today.

·
Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wild, you know your a great dude (especially since u found me that seat cover ;) and i hear what u r saying, my only arguement is that i confirmed twice and the wrong part was still sent 2 me. People make mistakes, understood. But its not like i had a 30 part order list and they messed up 1 or 2 parts. I only ordered 1 PART!

·
Registered
868 Posts
To the business owners and sales people, which is more important, losing a few bucks and insuring customer satisfaction or making that little extra profit and losing customers? I will be reluctant to buy anything from them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.