Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are several different conversations on here about this already, but I’d like to know for my specific bike without taking anything apart. Where are the Vents or intake for my cvt. How much water could I handle being 100% stock. 2019 grizzly 700

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I have a 19, but all 07 to 2021 grizzlies will handle same water depth.

I regularly drive threw water deep enough to touch the Bottom edge of my seat witch still gives me a good margin of safety. If you take off your seat, the intake snorkel is at about the same height as your cvt inlet / outlet limits.

If you want to see an example of too deep, check out this thread, it has pictures and video (page #2) on how quickly things can turn bad.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
Let somebody else go first, if they make it, then decide.

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
I know there are several different conversations on here about this already, but I’d like to know for my specific bike without taking anything apart. Where are the Vents or intake for my cvt. How much water could I handle being 100% stock. 2019 grizzly 700
I understand asking, to not remove parts, but you'll never know how things go together without looking yourself.
Wait till you get into flowing water, piling up against the side, or corner. Then you'll wish you looked yourself.
Or run a creek and start to slide/drop into a hole with one end.
Also, learning how to get in there might someday be handy on the trail.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
If you are riding in water over the floorboards, let me restate this. If you ever plan on riding in water over the floorboards, research how to resolve if and when you drown your machine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The cvt intake is by your battery under the front rack. Your engine intake is in front of your seat behind the storage box.

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
73 Posts
Alternatively.. if your riding in anything over the floorboards.. do it at a speed where youll able to hit the brakes and stop before you go to deep and swamp the machine? That method works pretty well for me lol. A lot easier than learning and implementing the "de-swamping" procedure lol.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Alternatively.. if your riding in anything over the floorboards.. do it at a speed where youll able to hit the brakes and stop before you go to deep and swamp the machine? That method works pretty well for me lol. A lot easier than learning and implementing the "de-swamping" procedure lol.
I do the same, and teach this to all new riders

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
Coy may be stuck in a mud hole, he hasn't posted back since asking the question :)

Reactions: Vincent

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
I do the same, and teach this to all new riders
Pictures?
or Video?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Coy may be stuck in a mud hole, he hasn't posted back since asking the question :)
Lol I’m still here, sometimes I get notifications that people have responded back and sometimes I don’t. Haven’t been on in a minute so just now seeing some of the responses witch I greatly appreciate the feed back.

·
Premium Member
8,027 Posts
On the 700's the CVT intake is just above the EPS cpu and just below the handle bars. The exhaust is on the right side of the top storage area at about the same height as the shifter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts