Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm replacing the piston on the grizzly and found these marks from the rings, it's scored up where I took the pics but the cylinder has the indentation of the rings all the way around at the top and at the bottom, bike has less than 100 hours, is this normal?

Should I replace the jug or just Re nikasil it??

And what's a good place to have it redone??

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Can you feel them or just see them? By looking at the pictures they look deep, I wouldn't think honing and re-ring would be enough. I wouldn't call that normal

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I can deffinetly feel them, and if you look closely at the pics it's all the way around.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone recommend a place to have the cylinder redone? Or should I just buy new? Or used..

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Hey 305 haven't seen you on in a while, How many miles you got on it? You mention hours but i'm curious of miles. I had about 2800 miles on my original and it looked a lot nicer/cleaner than that. Long time ago you were talking about potentially going with a bbk and cam seems like it might be the perfect time :peace: haha

I'm now at about 5k on mine and running as strong as the day i put her together!!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
What lead you to pulling the head in the first place ? 100 hours is nothing dam I have 168 hours on my 2016 I got it July 18 , I hope its ok :banana:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey 305 haven't seen you on in a while, How many miles you got on it? You mention hours but i'm curious of miles. I had about 2800 miles on my original and it looked a lot nicer/cleaner than that. Long time ago you were talking about potentially going with a bbk and cam seems like it might be the perfect time :peace: haha

I'm now at about 5k on mine and running as strong as the day i put her together!!
Hey dude, the miles are not much I'll have to check, and yeah I was gonna go bbk but decided on just a piston and cam, bought it and let it sit for a year, just got busy with other hobbies and had not installed the parts yet.
I have the new cp tech piston so I guess imma just sell it and get a bbk since I need a cylinder anyways

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What lead you to pulling the head in the first place ? 100 hours is nothing dam I have 168 hours on my 2016 I got it July 18 , I hope its ok :banana:
I pulled it to finally install a cp 11.5 piston and cam and found this suprice, the bike did burn a little oil but ran like a rapped ape with the ehs mods

·
Registered
672 Posts
need to replace or renik at least if they are deep you need to strip weld hone replate which ends up almost more money than a new big bore setup.

I have 105.5 BB cheap shelf version oem pistons in stock at moment (cheap doesn't mean cheap good stuff just not my high end piston with the extra options)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the BBK eric, I got it in the mail already and will hopefully have it all installed today :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts