Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out riding on the weekend and twice my 2014 700 grizz conked out and would not restart for 15 min. What would cause this? Seems as though it's electrical but am not sure. I tried spraying different connectors today with a spray bottle filled with water and it seemed to quit after spraying the connector going into the front diff. Could this be the culprit or is it just a coincidence? I also had been spraying the header pipe afterward to simulate a steam issue soon not sure which o e ended up killing it?

I also noticed while trouble shooting that the spark plug boot seems loose and was full of corrosion. Can anyone tell me if the cap on the threaded tip on a spark plug is used on the grizzly? When I pulled the cap of the tip of the plug does not have a cap and I cannot tell for sure but it almost looks like the cap may be in the plug boot with the threads wore away??

Last but not least when shutting the engine off there is a electric servo noise coming from the throttle body as if something is closing or an injector/sensor closing or something. What is this noise? I wonder if it may have something to do with a sensor reacting to steam and causing the bike to quit??

Any help on this would be appreciated I realize it's a multi question post but I'm just brainstorming. Nothing worse than not knowing what the fix is and I'm nervous to ride much as I'd rather not get stranded in the boonies.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
Welcome to GC. Is your engine shutting off when you go through water? That has happened to me before due to steam. Mine fired back up pretty quickly, though. Corrosion is never good. One of our other members will be along to help with the other stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts