Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some basic solid advice for my 2015 700 grizz,
I had a 2006 Kodiak 450 and jumped a wiring block under the seat with two inches of wire and this eliminated the diff lock sputter in forward, and I used the override button in reverse, looking for the same mod for 2015 grizzly 700 what color is the wire I need to ground out . I am looking to do this under the front panel by the battery and wiring harness, some one said it is the seafoam green wire in the six wire block under the instrument cluster. is this correct?

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
X2 Don't have a 15 but I'd like to know this and also for the 16's. Anyone?

·
Registered
278 Posts
hi reogem I did this mod but have not had a chance to test it in the field I will let you know if it works
I'm interested in doing the same to my 14 ,pls keep us updated on your results and what exactly you did . Pictures are nice lol thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I grounded the seafoam green wire. from the white six wire connector that is directly under the digital dashboard, and it over rides the rev limiter in full four wheel lock both in forward and reverse, not really the mod I was wanting. the four wheel lock must be fully engaged or you still get the sputter. in two wheel drive reverse it still sputters and pushing the override button does nothing. as I mentioned, I had a 06 kodiak 450, I jumped a wire under the seat and it eliminated the rev limiter in full lock for forward and I could use the override button in reverse in two wheel or full four wheel lock, that is the mod I wanted. I don't know why Yamaha puts this on their machines ,I have a 500 twin canam, it only has rev limiter with a override button for reverse, a much smother set up, and a lot less screwing around. thanks for the interest and good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts