Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the differences between a identically equipped Grizzly 700's if one is a 2016 and the other is a 2017?

I ask because close to buying new but recently came across a low mile 2016.

Thanks for any input.:gcrules:

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
There is no difference. They are the same bike.

The only thing you want to figure out is if the 2016 is a early model. If it is, make the the decompression spring recall has been completed.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I wonder what is considered early? How do you know the build month? 17's do have some cool color choices.

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly
352 Posts
the dealer can tell you the build date by the VIN number, of importance is the replacement of the compression spring that was in the earlier models. On this forum their were a few that had a smoking issue on the 2016. The machines otherwise are identical. I priced both and decided since had green for the last 3 Yamaha's, went with a 2017 Blue addition for a change of pace. Since the last machine lasted 13 years, this might be the last ATV for me.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The 2016 has the reverse lock cable that needs the brake engaged to shift to reverse or park. the 2017 does not have this OH SO annoying feature. Its pretty easy to modify and override it, and I think Yamaha realized people hated it and removed it (Finally!).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts