Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I don't know much about fixing atvs I only know the basic maintenance. I rode all last summer fine but this winter when I went to plow snow with my 2009 Grizzly 350 4×4 when I put it in reverse and back up I hear a sound that sorta sounds like the exhaust has water or something in it. I looked and didn't see any water and this is only when I back up. The atv seems to run fine other than that. It's hard to describe the sound. It doesn't make the noise if I barely give it any gas only when I back up fast. If anyone has an idea of what it could be please let me know, Thanks for the help

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you could post a video, we might be able to pinpoint it faster:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a video of it, I just can't figure out how to post it. It only shows me photos to post. I videos do not show

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a video of it, I just can't figure out how to post it. It only shows me photos to post. I videos do not show

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
It's more than likely the reverse speed limiter. All Yamaha automatics have it. Some have a reverse over-ride button for full power in reverse, while others have nothing.
You should be able to wire in a bypass so you can have full power and speed in reverse. Do some Google research to find out how to do this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks sir, I appreciate it. Just was unsure it could be that because I'm pretty sure I've never noticed the sound since I've owned it over the 2 years, just started. I wish I could post the video so you could hear it

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'll second the speed limiter in reverse. It was something I never liked for plowing or when stuck in a snow pile and you have no power to reverse out. Some models can be bypassed with a ground wire, you'll just loose the R indicator light.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
Post vid to YouTube, link to the vid here in your thread. If your account won’t allow you to post links, bump this thread to 10 posts and then try again.

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Sounds like reverse rev limiter. It could be failing and limiting RPM's more than it should.

·
Registered
800 Posts
With basic electrical skill it sounds like it is. Google it or even search the forum for the procedure of the bypass.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts