1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First, the beast: 2022 grizzly eps se in its ''hospital''
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

A few mods added: front/rear yamaha bumper, skid plates and rear cargo rack. Head demon quad zone. Direction 2 fender flares seen lower. Also seen lower, two Diode Dynamics front 6" led (one fog pattern one driving pattern) and one 6" Diode Dynamics rear fog pattern of the same brand. These led bars are total jewels, very good light pattern, very precise, and sturdy. Easily replaceable lenses for pattern change or wear. Much better value than rigids IMO.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Led bar switches on custom mount and heat demon installation:

Motor vehicle Automotive design Camera Video camera Cameras & optics

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Light Automotive design

also: mud guards eliminating easily 95% of the mud on the bike and on me.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Its transportation mean:

Fixture Floor Composite material Gas Symmetry

Now on to the fun part: some of the federated trails in here:

Sky Plant Plant community Ecoregion Automotive tire

Tire Sky Cloud Plant Wheel

continued on next post...

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Night Driving with the led bars (I actually LOVE when it gets dark, I just don't take many pictures). Drive slower and smoother not to get the citizen angry!

The fog and driving pattern working together really makes it easy to drive on nighttime

Automotive lighting Asphalt Landscape Midnight Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Asphalt

no outside pictures of the rear light but it gives a good result. 6" fog pattern, pointed about 10 degree down.

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tire Floor Wall Electricity Gas

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
Was the bike only supported by the racks on your two post lift? If so you're putting way more stress than they're designed to take, not only that they're only rated for about half the bike's weight in a downward force not a lifting force. No way I would ever come close to going underneath of that or even close to it especially knowing how weak those racks are slightest little bend and they fold.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Was the bike only supported by the racks on your two post lift? If so you're putting way more stress than they're designed to take, not only that they're only rated for about half the bike's weight in a downward force not a lifting force. No way I would ever come close to going underneath of that or even close to it especially knowing how weak those racks are slightest little bend and they fold.
I am not stupid to the point not to have tested each corner, over two times the lifting weight it is sitting at on the picture, at one inch over the ground, with tires on.

Racks are rated for weight with balance of the bike taken into consideration, the tensional force the rack can take and shearing force the rack bolts can take is far more than the 200 pounds each corner. You could put 1000 lbs on the rear rack, and the rack would be just fine, the bike would flip over on you, though. Just hope this thread don't derail on this tiny detail, as it was meant as a fun/idea thread. No need to go under the bike if one does not feel safe about it, it still help tremendously to work a few feet off the ground for pretty much any jobs on it that are done from the sides, if someone already has a lift.

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,329 Posts
I also really like the Diode Dynamics SS 6" SAE Driving light I have. Puts out an incredible amount of light and then you consider it has a small foot print. The DD light I have replaced a 12" dual row CREE LED light and I feel the DD light has much better light output. Can't say enough good things about the Diode Dynamics light I have although I do see they increased their pricing, but still a very good price for the light output.

Reactions: diverscale

·
Premium Member
9,279 Posts
@diverscale ...Thanks for the great pic's. I'm always amazed to see how many areas around the world like the same. Your trails look so similar to the trail in my area.
Nice lift..I hang/lift mine machines from a beam in the ceiling of my shop/garage. I rest them on a 55 gal. barrel stand that I can move them around the shop on.

Reactions: diverscale

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Nice rig. Thanks for sharing the pics. I am considering the purchase of a new 700 SE and your post certainly sealed the deal!
I don't know what you had for an ATV in the past, but as my first ATV and now many rides in pretty much all conditions beside winter driving, but including deep mud which I hate but have no choice to go through, I am fully and totally glad I got this Yamaha. I am sure you'll be glad you got the Grizz, and for a LOOOONG time! The zilla tires are really well performing on the SE, really got me out of scary situations.

@diverscale ...Thanks for the great pic's. I'm always amazed to see how many areas around the world like the same. Your trails look so similar to the trail in my area.
Nice lift..I hang/lift mine machines from a beam in the ceiling of my shop/garage. I rest them on a 55 gal. barrel stand that I can move them around the shop on.
Great idea, so simple. It's fun to see what ideas people come up with. I've met a person that made custom wood beams to fit his lift, for his ATV, another that lifts it using the winch and a special anchor on his ceiling then work on it vertical, always interesting and other's idea are always welcome in my book.

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
What size and brand of gas cans do you have?
These are "long-haul", 5 liters. Very sturdy, good price (paid 100$ canadian each approx, or 75$ american, and they come with the mount and stainless steel bolts), and they have a vent! Love em.

I put epoxy on the rack where they sit, because of fretting caused by the roughness of the powdercoating, and tape on the contacting surfaces.

I will soon replace the tape on the tanks with patches of adhesive that adhere to polyethylene plastic, 3m make these and its quite expensive, like 60$ for a tube. Epoxy patches would not adhere to the tanks so I out the tape for the time being. I'll post images on my computer
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2011 Grizzly 700 SE
5 Posts
I don't know what you had for an ATV in the past, but as my first ATV and now many rides in pretty much all conditions beside winter driving, but including deep mud which I hate but have no choice to go through, I am fully and totally glad I got this Yamaha. I am sure you'll be glad you got the Grizz, and for a LOOOONG time! The zilla tires are really well performing on the SE, really got me out of scary situations.
I currently own a 2011 Grizzly 700 SE that I bought new and is approaching 4,000 miles. I have been really happy with my Grizzly I just think it is time for a new one. I have been riding for almost 20 years starting out on a 2003 Honda 300 EX. As I get older (now 59) the longer rides can be tiring and I am not ready for a SxS, so I thought a new machine would take less out of me.

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I currently own a 2011 Grizzly 700 SE that I bought new and is approaching 4,000 miles. I have been really happy with my Grizzly I just think it is time for a new one. I have been riding for almost 20 years starting out on a 2003 Honda 300 EX. As I get older (now 59) the longer rides can be tiring and I am not ready for a SxS, so I thought a new machine would take less out of me.
And what machine are you looking for ?

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Another Grizzly 700. Just like yours.
I don't know about the older ones, but all I can say is that I've put nearly 2000 miles since end of april on mine, on about any condition beside handlebar deep mud, and it has performed very well. I do long day-long rides which are sometimes over 250KM or 160 miles, so I guess we could say it's "comfy"enough. I still have to adjust my rear shocks as I have put them too stiff, and have to find the sweet spot.

I'd say that my favorite mods, and the best quality of life mods I have done are the mudflaps and fender flares. Really changed the bike as it was very messy beforehand IMO, and now I feel like I'm on a cadillac compared to stock. I don't even wear rainboots now when riding, just my normal everyday steel-toed shoes.

Also the 2 gas tanks really helped my stress level.

Reogem another user here has made a simpler mod for the mudflap which is another alternative, with 4" rubber belting

1 - 20 of 22 Posts