Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feels like i'm down on power. I'll be checking air filter , probably look at the spark plug. I am just over 4000 KM's is it possible that my belt is worn ? Are the specs (measurements) with regards to replacing the belt ?

THKS

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Sounds like filter and plug is a good start and depending on how you ride the belt could be in great shape or worn out. Lots of people on here get a lot more life than that out of belts but a guy in our group put 30" Backs on his Grizz and smoked the belt in one ride by leaving it in hp mud.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Have you ever serviced the clutches? Have you ever checked valve clearances?
Both of these items will effect performance and are 2 maintenance procedures that needs to be done.

I service my primary at least once a year. Sometimes more than that, depending on use. I also service it again if I get water in the belt housing, which happened twice last winter.

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
Feels like i'm down on power. ......
THKS
Maybe add more protein to your diet and workout.

If you mean the Griz...

Clean/new air filter,
New spark plug,
Adjust valves,
Service the CVT..secondary as well as the primary.
Fewer bacon cheese burgers?

Belt wear limit is 30mm. I wouldn't worry about the belt. My 700 has around 14k miles belt is still good.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe add more protein to your diet and workout.

If you mean the Griz...

Clean/new air filter,
New spark plug,
Adjust valves,
Service the CVT..secondary as well as the primary.
Fewer bacon cheese burgers?

Belt wear limit is 30mm. I wouldn't worry about the belt. My 700 has around 14k miles belt is still good.
Jeeze lots of advice here !! No way i'm giving up my bacon cheese burgers . Maybe thats it , maybe the Grizz isn"t down on power. Maybe it hauling too many cheese burgers LOL !! BTW how do you service the clutches , is just a visual and regrease ?

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Rather than repeat it again, just Google "Service Yamaha ATV clutches" or "Grizzly clutch service", or something like that. You'll find lots of information, including videos.

Reactions: reogem
1 - 7 of 7 Posts