Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting. They are supposed to have one coming out for Yamaha. The Honda one shows to be 125 bucks from them. Not cheap, but I have occasional joint pain and notice it in my thumb during all day riding. This might make all day and multi day trips more comfortable for some. It does not replace the thumb throttle but instead gives you another "trigger" style throttle option. Kinda neat. Their site is DXTrigger
https://youtu.be/QsvcHUbcScc

Reactions: Blklab and AGRV8TD

·
Registered
183 Posts
thats a pretty neat idea, will for sure be handy in a lot of situations, thanks for sharing, ima keep my eye out for this one

Reactions: okbear

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Cool ,, but I would have a couple concerns about it..

1- In case of emergency , your hand is on the throttle , not the brake.
2- In heavy brush a branch could hit the throttle easily , and cause a accident. (hand guards recommended)

Here is another option , I used this when my right thumb was broken , and it reaches far enough to use the palm of your hand..

ONLY ,, IT TOO was UNSAFE ! it made it very easy to bump the throttle. after that happened a few times , I took it back off.. Be handy to keep with , and just use during long trail rides. Makes a BIG difference .. I used it with a broken thumb.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/16777865...75035&wl11=online&wl12=16777865&wl13=&veh=sem

Reactions: reogem and Blklab

·
Registered
183 Posts
very good point Pohl, didnt really thing of that

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cool ,, but I would have a couple concerns about it..

1- In case of emergency , your hand is on the throttle , not the brake.
2- In heavy brush a branch could hit the throttle easily , and cause a accident. (hand guards recommended)

Here is another option , I used this when my right thumb was broken , and it reaches far enough to use the palm of your hand..

ONLY ,, IT TOO was UNSAFE ! it made it very easy to bump the throttle. after that happened a few times , I took it back off.. Be handy to keep with , and just use during long trail rides. Makes a BIG difference .. I used it with a broken thumb.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/16777865...75035&wl11=online&wl12=16777865&wl13=&veh=sem
Yes, hand guards are a must. Luckily, I already have them. lol. If you look at their site, that throttle is set back fairly far. Sure, a little brain training would be required to not pull the throttle when you mean to pull the brake, but I don't see that as a major issue. Unless I'm backing downhill, I always grab the rear brake first then add front brake anyway. Regardless, interesting product. I'm looking forward to more info on the Yamaha version of it! Prior to our last trip, I was having issues with one joint in my hand. Of course, it was my big thumb joint on my right hand. Not so much problems with muscle fatigue for me. Probably a little arthritis or something. Riding was a bit painful, but bearable. Maybe I'll get to review this thing and let everyone know what i think.

And quit YELLING AT ME! Haha. Kidding.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Looks like it could be a cool setup and yes you guys bring up some good points I would like to see one and give it a test ride. Thanks okbear and Pohlhammer for pointing a few things out.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Don't take me wrong

I think it is cool , and I could see where it could be very helpful for some people. Even I get a sore thumb once in awhile.

Whats nice , is it seems you can take it on and off fairly easy.

Both products mentioned just require a bit more care to stay safe.

I have seen my sister stop over and over again to rest her thumb... This could help her also.

·
Premium Member
8,892 Posts
Had a 3 day old 2010 Grizz in the campground that the owner didn't have a right hand. Had dealer install a left hand throttle called the Goldfinger.
A friend was rear loading the machine on a trailer. Went to pull left brake, shot up the trailer over the tongue into the back of the pickup and smashing out the rear window.. Luckily no one was hurt.

·
Premium Member
8,892 Posts
One pic's on the site shows the rider with the index finger pulling the throttle and the other 3 fingers pulling the brake. How could that work? Looks to me that the brake lever and other fingers would prohibit the throttle from being released. Especially in an emergency situation.

Maybe if it had a lockout like that stupid Honda reverse button.
But....I don't use the front brake very option.

Reactions: okbear

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One pic's on the site shows the rider with the index finger pulling the throttle and the other 3 fingers pulling the brake. How could that work? Looks to me that the brake lever and other fingers would prohibit the throttle from being released. Especially in an emergency situation.

lol. I dunno about the way that guy was doing it. My practice would be to be prepared with my rear brake lever and right fingers on either the throttle or the brake. Not both.

·
Registered
12 Posts

That's handy in a situation where if you were skidding backwards with the front brake on, you can also feather the throttle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts