Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this tucked into the wiring on my 2010 Grizz 700 basket case..
Wasn't connected to anything..ECU was unbolted but looks like the guy just gave up before he started to wire it in....anyone know anything about these things before i start my research?

Can i connect it to my other same year 700 grizz and test it, POST or self test??? thoughts? thanks

walt

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
IF YOU HAVE THE SAME MOD AS BIKE IT CAME OFF OF WILL WORK GOOD OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND A FUEL MAP FOR YOUR BIKE AND INSTALL WITH A LAPTOP INTO THE PC V.
BEST OPTION IF YOU WANT SPOT ON IS HAVE DYNO TUNED WITH AN O2 SENSOR INSTALLED IN HEAD PIPE.
THERE IS AN AUTO TUNE AVAILBLE AS WELL FOR PC V THAT WILL CALIBRATE FUEL TABLE AS YOU DRIVE

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks WW...i did speak to Jeff at DynoJet this am..he was very helpful.

I connected the device to my PC via phone charger usb to mini usb.
Loaded their software, the device powered up!
serial number, model number info is correct for the 07-2013 grizzly 700

Jeff took control of my PC and updated the firmware to the latest and loaded a basic, better than stock fuel map.
Kept the old fuel map info.

basically ..the old map fattened the mixture at mid range...basically left the 2 sides unchanged...

The device doesn't have an OBD to test the PCV without actually connecting it to the bike and trying it. But the install seems to be fairly straight forward...
Since my latest basket case Grizz 700 does have a $200 hi compression wiseco stock bore piston in it, I may try the controller just for grins after we get the beast back together...

walt

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Has anyone else used these on their Grizz? My local ATV guru says it can make some noticeable improvements in how well the engine runs, better, smoother power, etc. even on a stock engine. Worth the $250.00 ?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have a controller in my machine.
It's made by EHS.
I love the throttle response, smooth engine and the lower exhaust temps

2016 Grizzly 700 le,
26 Bighorns on Stock wheels.
1 1/2" custom tip, EHS fuel controller.
1.5mm shim and Dalton Metallic Red secondary, 224 watt 12" LED bar.

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
797 Posts
you don't need a Dynojet stage 3 or V for a stock machine unless your planning bigger mods in future. The issue with these is you have to find someone that has a dyno proven map to install for them.

The more basic tuners with buttons and lights usually comes with a program installed and you can tune with buttons instead of laptop. I would stay away from Ebay Chinese snake oil controllers. Stay with known brands that are proven

EHS has dyno proven controllers.
Better throttle response, smoother running and usually lowers exhaust temps because they come from the factory really lean to meet emisions statndards

Reactions: mainehunter
1 - 6 of 6 Posts