Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need new front brake calipers for my 2003 kodiak 400. I see calipers on ebay for $45. Meanwhile oem calipers are $152!! Has anyone used the ebay calipers? Looking for feedback on their performance. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
I have used several of the aftermarket brake calipers on several different models of Yamaha's. They've all worked perfectly fine.
If I needed one for my Grizzly, I will be buying aftermarket.

Reactions: bucshunter

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have used several of the aftermarket brake calipers on several different models of Yamaha's. They've all worked perfectly fine.
If I needed one for my Grizzly, I will be buying aftermarket.
Thank you, are there any aftermarket brands you recommend or avoid?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
I've used the Parts Discounter (eBay seller) the most. I've used lots of parts from them. Always been great products. I recommend them the most.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up bucshunter. Did you end up going with the calipers offered by PartsDiscounter or a different ebay vendor, for future reference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice to know.. my kodiak 400 2000 have poor front brake after changing pad and bleed with new brake fluid.

Im gonna do a second bleed, but i think changing caliper could be a good options...

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Nice to know.. my kodiak 400 2000 have poor front brake after changing pad and bleed with new brake fluid.

Im gonna do a second bleed, but i think changing caliper could be a good options...
More than likely one of the brake pads is catching on the caliper mounting bracket. It's very common to happen when people replace brake pads and don't know to watch for it. With everything still installed, just use a small screwdriver to move the brake pad past the bracket.

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just ordered 2 front calipers from parts discounter. For $88.00...let's see if I get the right ones

·
Registered
62 Posts
Received the calipers in a few days( great shipping).....perfect fit...$88 bucks...what can I say:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts