Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m think about ordering the Flow Through Airbox Lid, and the EHS Intake mod Kit with K&N Air Filter from EHS.
I like their video on YouTube showing the upgrade to air box. Anyone that has this setup, have you had any issues with the flow through air box lid or any of it for that matter. I realize this will get air flow to the engine a lot better, while slightly increasing hp. What are you giving up to accomplish, as far as engine life or anything else?
Also, the mod kit on the video stats where they block the AIS coming into the air box with this modified air box. I am assuming that is all that is needed to block the AIS or do you still have to block it at another place before it reaches the air box?
I appreciate your comments. At this time I am not going to buy the EHS fuel controller nor an exhaust. I am leaning towards the Titan with quiet core.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I’m think about ordering the Flow Through Airbox Lid, and the EHS Intake mod Kit with K&N Air Filter from EHS.
I like their video on YouTube showing the upgrade to air box. Anyone that has this setup, have you had any issues with the flow through air box lid or any of it for that matter. I realize this will get air flow to the engine a lot better, while slightly increasing hp. What are you giving up to accomplish, as far as engine life or anything else?
Also, the mod kit on the video stats where they block the AIS coming into the air box with this modified air box. I am assuming that is all that is needed to block the AIS or do you still have to block it at another place before it reaches the air box?
I appreciate your comments. At this time I am not going to buy the EHS fuel controller nor an exhaust. I am leaning towards the Titan with quiet core.
Do you ride in dusty conditions? If so you might want to consider a UNI filter instead. Of course if you are stuck on K&N a prefilter would be a good idea. Heck it would be a good idea anyway.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just called called EHS Racing. Eric answered and was extremely nice and helpful. He actually advised me for what I needed and answered my concerns besides trying to make more money and oversell me.
I purchased his controller and lower complete airbox mod. I wanted to the complete lower instead of the kit, which would be easy to do myself following his YouTube video, but I want all my original parts, just Incase something terrible happens and I have to use my four year warranty; I would have to redo everything I’ve done so far before bringing into the dealership and then find a way not to honor the warranty due to any mods.
He advised me to go with the UNI filter in the lower airbox mod, and not to worry about the flow thru lid at this point until I decide to go with the Barkers Duals. Which he agreed with my concerns on the noise level.
Extremely satisfied! I laughed as I introduced myself, bc I felt like I already knew him due to all the YouTube videos I’ve seen.
So now with this purchase of the fuel controller, airbox mod and all the other mods I’ve made; JBS sheave, JBS weights, purple spring, 1.5mm shim, clutch kit, Elka Stage 4 all around, a set of 28 inch Zillas on 14 inch ITP Hurricanes, a set of 26 inch Bruiser XT on 12 inch Hurricanes, also my original 2016 SE wheels and tires, plus accessories full Yamaha skid plates, Yamaha Warren 3500 synthetic rope, extended foot pegs, Kolpin grips on front rack, Yamaha rear plastic storage box on back, Yamaha rear grab bar; so after all of that and thousands later, I think the only thing left to do is decide on an exhaust and possibly front and rear light bars, I really don’t know what else I could do to this Grizzly. Any ideas?
I was telling my wife last night I was running out of things to do on it so was going to sell a coupe of my older ATVs the kids use and probably get a Kodiak and then start this whole process over on that unit.
Thanks Eric and Grizzly Central for all your help and teaching!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Titan exhaust, rigid light bars, then start buying stuff to give to members on here as a thank you for helping spend your money! Anybody else think this is a good plan?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha! I seriously did get carried away with this ATV. I couldn’t see spending $15k on a 1000cc XMR but after all this have just about spent that much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts