1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Man is hard to believe he can pull an extra 20% of power in the midrange on these bikes. That should be very noticeable out on the trail.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
285 Posts
I have one.

Of course, I installed it and my tip at the same time I did shims and spring so... besides saying everything made a HUGE difference I'm no help lol.

Reactions: Zrt1200

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
285 Posts
I am one to take dyno numbers as proof though so.. those gains aren't bad.

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
This type of increases tells you just how poorly Yamaha's stock set up is before crating. What should be most important to most members is the increase in torque.
Give'r' enough gas and a few c.v.t. mods and the animal changes color.

·
Registered
837 Posts
This type of increases tells you just how poorly Yamaha's stock set up is before crating. What should be most important to most members is the increase in torque.
Give'r' enough gas and a few c.v.t. mods and the animal changes color.
What really sucks is that Yamaha and every other manufacturer is being mandated to do this to the off-road bikes for emissions purposes. I really can't see how there is that much savings on emissions considering how low the milage these bikes actually see in a lifetime.

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
You must have voted for these a-holes.....I didn't :)
Long live the queen and her employee bit'on.

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
285 Posts
What really sucks is that Yamaha and every other manufacturer is being mandated to do this to the off-road bikes for emissions purposes. I really can't see how there is that much savings on emissions considering how low the milage these bikes actually see in a lifetime.

Whoever it is that mandates this sort of thing just wants to see improvement. Even if it only reduces the emissions .1% per vehicle it adds up quickly.

Just like auto stop-start on cars&trucks.

·
Registered
837 Posts
You must have voted for these a-holes.....I didn't :)
Long live the queen and her employee bit'on.
Don't know where you come up with that idea... Fyi.. I refuse to vote. And I'm Canadian.. We salute the Queen, age trend to follow the halfass footprints of the American idiots in California that come up with these stupid "great ideas"

·
Registered
837 Posts
Whoever it is that mandates this sort of thing just wants to see improvement. Even if it only reduces the emissions .1% per vehicle it adds up quickly.

Just like auto stop-start on cars&trucks.
Comparing auto stop on cars vs exhaust emissions on an atv is its a huge difference. Hundres of millions of vehicles doing a hundred thousand miles each in its lifetime vs. A few million atvs that prob average 15000 miles in its lifetime. Emissions savings don't come close to comparing.

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
We'll sell you CA.
I got the idea as no one I know around voted this stuff in.

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
285 Posts
Comparing auto stop on cars vs exhaust emissions on an atv is its a huge difference. Hundres of millions of vehicles doing a hundred thousand miles each in its lifetime vs. A few million atvs that prob average 15000 miles in its lifetime. Emissions savings don't come close to comparing.

The total emissions savings don't come close to comparing, BUT it's the same general idea. Bean by bean it adds up, pleasing our greenie overlords.

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
285 Posts
Someone voted for the person who voted for this crap though. So "we" (not me) voted for it by extension unfortunately.

I don't vote either. Lesser of two evils mindset is such utter bull$hit. My personal constitution won't allow me to vote for someone I don't/wont/can't support 100%

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From my understanding when it comes to emissions it comes in as a whole package. XXX amount of sales need to average XXX amount of emissions to pass the EPA's specs. So Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, or who ever can go lean on somethings in our case ATV's and go richer on something else like a Motorcross bike or boat motor so the average works out.

Glad to hear the fuel controller made a big difference. I will be buying one for the wifes 450 then.

Reactions: Vincenthdfan

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
285 Posts
I need to get In touch with ehs about the proper settings. My tuner didn't come with tuning instructions, and when you go to their website the tuning instructions they show are for a 2015 grizzly 700 or something.. so that's what I'm running. Seems alright.. perhaps a bit rich or something down low cause it's stalled on me a few times which it didn't before.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I need to get In touch with ehs about the proper settings. My tuner didn't come with tuning instructions, and when you go to their website the tuning instructions they show are for a 2015 grizzly 700 or something.. so that's what I'm running. Seems alright.. perhaps a bit rich or something down low cause it's stalled on me a few times which it didn't before.
I noticed they have the instructions for a 700 though the tuner is for the 450. I am sure it was just a error but having the proper settings is very important.

I sent him a message on FB so we will see if he changes the setting page he has posted.

·
Registered
293 Posts
We'll sell you CA.
I got the idea as no one I know around voted this stuff in.
I'll vote with my wallet and keep my non-catalytic converter 2011 Grizzly running as long as needed.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'll vote with my wallet and keep my non-catalytic converter 2011 Grizzly running as long as needed.
That's not my full quote, apparently the mods are overly sensitive and edited my full quote, in response to Ridgway81432.
"Lol, apparently voting doesn't matter anymore, I'll vote with my wallet and keep my non-catalytic converter 2011 Grizzly running as long as needed."
Meaning they don't listen to their constituency anymore, unless it affects their bottom line $.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts