Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the hp of a 14-15 grizzly? I haven't installed my ehs fuel controller yet I'm buying the full air box first then install it all.They claim a 4 hp gain.ls the power very noticeable having ehs fuel controller air box and 2 r tip? Can you hear the air box sucking air?

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I installed the ehs lid I did notice a slightly louder intake sound. Makes the Grizz sound a bit more "beefy". With the lid and controller it felt like it had better throttle response and yes more power. Nothing mind boggling but definitely a little more umph! Then I added the tip. Once again it seems throttle response improved and left my Grizz with a much louder "throaty" sound. Less heat is trapped inside the exhaust too. Without the spark screen it is a bit louder and more flow but seems a bit much for me so I keep it installed. Top speed stayed the same but feels like it gets there sooner.

I compared my Grizz to my fil's Brute and in stock form his had more get up and go. After the wonderful ehs goodies were added it made the two seem close to the same power output. Keep in mind of the lack of suspension movement and wet clutch of the BF makes it feel more poweful and the plush suspension and wet clutch of the Grizz make it feel more sluggish even tho its about equal to the BF.

Reactions: 08grizzly700

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I installed the ehs lid I did notice a slightly louder intake sound. Makes the Grizz sound a bit more "beefy". With the lid and controller it felt like it had better throttle response and yes more power. Nothing mind boggling but definitely a little more umph! Then I added the tip. Once again it seems throttle response improved and left my Grizz with a much louder "throaty" sound. Less heat is trapped inside the exhaust too. Without the spark screen it is a bit louder and more flow but seems a bit much for me so I keep it installed. Top speed stayed the same but feels like it gets there sooner.

I compared my Grizz to my fil's Brute and in stock form his had more get up and go. After the wonderful ehs goodies were added it made the two seem close to the same power output. Keep in mind of the lack of suspension movement and wet clutch of the BF makes it feel more poweful and the plush suspension and wet clutch of the Grizz make it feel more sluggish even tho its about equal to the BF.
Thanks jbone.Ill be ordering my airlid then.Figure with all parts mentioned should have approx 50hp and I'll take that.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
IIRC 14/15 is 46.9hp, so yes right around 50 give or take. Alot of variables go into it but you will notice the increase. That's all that really matters

1 - 4 of 4 Posts