Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows what the EHS tuner and 2R Racing Tip adds for horsepower on a 708 motor. thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the EHS fuel controller, EHS airbox bottom, and 2R t tip waiting to be installed when I can get to it. In taking to Eric at EHS before I ordered the components, he said I should see a small increase in HP. But to get the most out of the fuel controller and airbox, I would would need to get the Barker dual exhaust also. I love the sound of the dual Barkers and would love the extra performance. But, the Barkers would be quite a bit louder than stock and I don't want to draw that much attention to myself where I ride.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Those mod's will definitely give you a grin & you should think about a secondary spring as well, depending on your gearing, some shims also, barker duals are the way to go if your after more torque, which is what we feel when the throttle is pushed, if you can contact the guys at EHS they could tell you the numbers between an open set of duals & one's with the quiet kit installed verses an open tip, if you get the figures, throw them up here, inquiring minds need to know! >:)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just wondering if anyone knows what the EHS tuner and 2R Racing Tip adds for horsepower on a 708 motor. thanks
Tuner & tip very little gain in HP. Just makes it run better imo.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Reactions: RDC

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Very little if any at all. Might add 1 hp if your lucky.
The biggest positive of that setup is better and cooler running.

Reactions: RDC

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those mod's will definitely give you a grin & you should think about a secondary spring as well, depending on your gearing, some shims also, barker duals are the way to go if your after more torque, which is what we feel when the throttle is pushed, if you can contact the guys at EHS they could tell you the numbers between an open set of duals & one's with the quiet kit installed verses an open tip, if you get the figures, throw them up here, inquiring minds need to know! >:)

Glad to hear. Next thing ill be doing is coop 45 mod 3. Ive talked to Arnie and he told me to do a gold spring because Im going with 28x10 blackwater evos (girlfriends buying them for my birthday:grin2:). 8 ply might be excessive and heavy but I love how they look and everyone gives them great reviews. Ive also ripped the crap out of my side walls on the stock maxxis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts