Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an EHS tuner and am looking for some base settings for 5000 ft and above. I did leave Eric a message but haven’t heard back yet. After reading other posts, I will have to get an a/f meter installed at some point. Thought I might be able to use my butt dyno if I could get settings that are close for the next few weeks.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
You may want to PM RockTaco, a member of GC, who resides in Castle Rock. He has played with his EFi and maybe able to provide you with some info. You can look up some of his threads as well. May help.

Reactions: Daxman

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks wgc, I will send him a message, I watched his videos and have my neighbor ready to weld the bung to the exhaust when I get an a/f meter. Been searching through as many post as I can find. Got a return call from Eric today but had left him my home number and will try again tomorrow.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,671 Posts
I know @RockTaco has been fairly busy if he hasn't gotten back to you. RT first had his bike looked at via Vickery and they can tune it for you. I recall correctly, RT said cost was about $150. I have 0 idea how RT's tuner is set.

When it comes time, we are both running a Koso BA004068 Air/Fuel Ratio Meter but of course your bike matches what RT has. My suggestion would be to get the AFR installed as soon as possible. And be careful when welding as the header/exhaust pipes are thin gauged.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks hanks RR, just talked to Eric, said to drop settings down a half a point for here and more above 7000. Would have ordered the a/f meter already but with twin grizzlies I have found that the saying “stock is great for her” does not apply, and is eating away my parts expenses. ;)

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,671 Posts
... the saying “stock is great for her” does not apply, and is eating away my parts expenses. ;)
You're preaching to the choir

:grin2:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dax, I've been having issues with the foru.. I sent a PM with may call number. Shoot me a call when you are free.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Settings tuned for 6000 Feet. I will also be trying R- 1.5 when traveling to altitude above 7000.
G- 2.5
Y- 1
R- 2
BG- 2
BY- 2.5
RB- 3

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Rock Toco, Sorry I could not call a couple of months ago, for some reason life got in the way, been a couple of crazy months.?. Since May I did put an a/f meter in, with help from your videos, and as of today just added the air box lid so our settings should be close. Thanks again.

Tom

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good job, she should be running pretty well then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts